3rd Annual Rocky Mountain Chickenstock May 3rd, 2014

How did your hatch go? Any white babies?

It went well. I had a total of 23 hatch so far. I had one white baby but it decided to go for a swim in one of the water containers in the incubator and realized he didn't know how to swim. I didn't find it till the next day. Sad day :( There are still about 10 eggs hanging out, so I'm crossing my fingers. They are about 4 days after the hatch day, but I've had them hatch a full week after the hatch date. So we'll see.

anyone bringing or have any bantam Cornish eggs chicks or adult birds to this event I would like to buy some? bantams only/
I will also have Coturnix chicks hatching this week let me know if anyone wants some, also have eggs available, color phases are A&M, Golden, Browns, and Tuxedoes. golden and A&M will be limited supply. Prices are reasonable at 2.50 chick. willing to trade if someone has bantams Cornish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackYardChknLvr

Hey did you say you will have andalusians?? Straight run or old enough to sex?
Interested in a pullet if you have one...

Yes i have them and they all should be pullets they are all 1 month maybe a week or so older
Yay!! I want one =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawtraitart

Yes, I think it would be best if they had to be there. If we have a board that lists what is being given away then maybe they should write what they'd be interested in so that folks don't get something they don't want. Not everyone is going to want baby chicks but would really like a pullet, for example. ???

Good point... Maybe those of us with something to give away could just make our own box with a little sign for what the giveaway is for and they could be set on a table by the front entrance or something... I'm still trying to decide what to give away... I might have a pullet to give away instead of chicks.... decisions, decisions =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawtraitart

One of my jubilee orpingtons has decided he's going to make the trip to Chickenstock. He wants to be a greeter. He's very well behaved. I'll be bringing some of his brothers offspring who is a mahogany jubilee unlike Rodney here who is a diamond jubilee.

droolin.gif
Oh my what a pretty boy!! What is the difference between diamond and mahogany jubilee??

Okay, separate post so it doesn't get confusing....

I will be bringing the remaining bantam cochin chicks I have, olive egger chicks and some barnyard mix chicks that might lay colored eggs.... My Wheaten Marans chicks are pre-sold right now...

I will also be bringing a Splash Wheaten Ameracauna cockerel, he is small for the breed, so would be best used for easter eggers or a bantam easter egger project...

My bantam easter egger project is having issues as the roo has favorite hens, naughty boy!! So I am trying to get a place set up so he doesn't have a choice, lol...

Here are some pics:
Bantam cochin chicks (they all look similar)

Olive Egger chick (I expect them to have Wheaten feathering):

Barnyard mix chicks with a bantam cochin in front:

Wheaten Marans chicks:

Yay!! I want one =)

Good point... Maybe those of us with something to give away could just make our own box with a little sign for what the giveaway is for and they could be set on a table by the front entrance or something... I'm still trying to decide what to give away... I might have a pullet to give away instead of chicks.... decisions, decisions =)

droolin.gif
Oh my what a pretty boy!! What is the difference between diamond and mahogany jubilee??
The mahogany are darker. :)

Could someone tell me what classes are going to be held and some information about the show? I also might be interested in bring a couple birds to sell. Thanks :)

Ok i officaly have decided what i'm going to put in for the raffle.. it will be a rooster cause i dont need 2 of them.. i will be bringing up a 3 week old Black "whitefaced" spanish Bantam

Back
Top Bottom