3rd Annual Rocky Mountain Chickenstock May 3rd, 2014

I'm going to be bringing some mixed maran chicks (black tailed buff maran x black copper maran) I have one pullet I kept from my first hatch and she is turning out very pretty. I may have some extra blue and black copper marans from my current hatch as well.I will need lights as well for set up.

Sorry everyone... I've been in Wyoming starting a new business.... been kinda nuts the last month!!!

So anyone that wants to bring birds to sell, can just bring them... We aren't charging for space again this year.. I would appreciate any donations you would like to make if you do well to help offset insurance costs etc... just find me..

We will have power but you should bring extension cords to make sure you have power to your space... Set up between 10 and 11... officially opens at 11 so be there before then... I will be there by 9:30 setting up so come on over!!

For the drawing... I suggest that we have one box for entries... and draw for the prizes in a set order...

We will have a guest lecturer from Utah coming.. I'll post more details tomorrow after I get the final stuff ironed out...

only 6 more days!!!

My son is growing his flock for his FFA SAE. We have always loved chickens and now we are just delving into more breeds, etc. We are going to be at Chickenstock for the first time and I think I'm more excited than he is:)
wee.gif

I am looking for lavendar orpington pullets, a frizzle or two, and a silkie or two as well, if anyone has any they're bringing, I'd love to know so I can make plans to get them there.

Last edited:
Alright got a little bit of an update on what i'll be bringing up for chickenstock this year

*Silver lace Polish's
*buff Coachins
*Silver lace Wyandotte
*molted Houden
*crevecoeur
*Americana's
*frizzle, Brown and White

* Welsummer
*Silver spangle hamburg
*blue andalusian
* Asorted japanese Banti's
*possibly will have some Buff Orphingtons

Also may have a geese or two as well if anybody is wanting Geese.. i was given a few by a friend but not sure if i'll be keeping them they just hatched the other day.. not for sure on the breeds they are but one is going to be the big white one.. and another is going to look i think like the canadian geese but its not that breed.. so let me know

this is all so far, got another coop to go threw with babies to decide and got more in the baters... will post more later

UPDATED some more that i will be bringing..

Most the chickens i will be bringing are banties
What ages are your Frizzles? I really would like a couple hens running around my yard... Will they be too young to know sex?

I have 3 Easter egg pullets I could bring, will be 9 weeks old. Have and olive egger and a pretty mixed maran pullet as well, will be 9 weeks old as well

I'm going to be bringing some mixed maran chicks (black tailed buff maran x black copper maran) I have one pullet I kept from my first hatch and she is turning out very pretty. I may have some extra blue and black copper marans from my current hatch as well.I will need lights as well for set up.

Kala, I am trying to find a ride for the rooster...I just found out my daughter is dancing at Lagoon this same day, so I don't know if I am going to be able to come. I have pm'd a few people I have brought birds back for previously to see if mine can bum a ride this time...I will let you know. I have some chicks to pick up from Mesha and Birdguy too, which my Mom could go pickup, but not sure if she is willing to deal with a rooster. Trying to get a hold of a lady here in Logan that is coming, but be sure to check with me before you pack him up though!

ETA: Good news,
I did find a ride, a gal pm'd me back that she could do it, so I will message you with her info so you can find her. Thanks!

Last edited:
What ages are your Frizzles? I really would like a couple hens running around my yard... Will they be too young to know sex?

They are still young they are going to be hitting 2 months old in the middle of may

hopefully the weather will hold and I will be able to come. I am in SLC. I will be bringing some frizzled Americana chicksthat are 2 weeks old and some Mille fleur DUncle chicks.that are 4 weeks old. Question. How does everyone keep their young chicks warm while traveling. Will the hotel allow chicks in the room

Back
Top Bottom