4-H-er thread!

Pics
Just a tip. But a pullets first eggs usually are not somethig you want to hatch. They often are small or not formed correctly. There are also a few other factors but my rule is to give it a month of them laying to set their eggs
That's why I am planning more toward February to give the pullets over a month to get their eggs a good size & shape.

I have another question.... how do you cope with the pine chips in the cages at shows? Do you go around with a paper towel and pick poop out of all the cages every 2 minutes?

@I Love Layers , how do the judges judge trios? I had someone from my school show a quad, the fair had her fill out 4 different cards and the judge judged them separately.
There are old and young trios. Trios are judged by 50% is on the male and the other 50% is on both females. The females should look lile identical twins. The trio with the highest scoring male will be given Best Trio From there if they are placed first in breed or variety they can go to compete individually for BV, RV etc. Personally I would not enter a trio if they aren't going to be judged properly
I have another question.... how do you cope with the pine chips in the cages at shows? Do you go around with a paper towel and pick poop out of all the cages every 2 minutes?
I usually just go through every other hour with a plastic bag and a cat liter scooper and clean everything up

Last edited:
Rearranged my ribbons and plaques today as I usually just throw them in a drawer. Its pretty cool to see that the 4 plaques, and all but 3 of the large ribbons, are from animals. Most of the blues and reds are from eggs and photos
20171229_131723.jpg

Back
Top Bottom