4 week old sick Baby Chick

Kandace Edgar

Chirping
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Hey y’all welp. I’m back. Quicker than I wanted to be 😞 one of my mama hens broke out with A lil foam n her eyes so I started treating her with tylan 200 and also have tylan in all my waterers thank goodness her symptoms literally only lasted 2 days and she’s fine. She has 7 babies and 1 of them is smaller than everyone so I kinda figured if anybody was gonna show symptoms it would be my little “pip” and today she’s got swelling one one side…. But my question is what can I treat this little baby with? Can I give her a dose of tylan 50? I’m scared the 200 will be too much ? And can I even give any meds to this baby since she’s only 4 weeks old?

Yes, you can give her the Tylan 200. Just adjust it down to accommodate her small size. Or, if this is a formulation that mixes in water, just give her the treated water. What she drinks will be the dose she gets.

Yes, you can give her the Tylan 200. Just adjust it down to accommodate her small size. Or, if this is a formulation that mixes in water, just give her the treated water. What she drinks will be the dose she gets.
I’ve already got The Tylan powder in all my waterers they’ve been drinking since Saturday cuz I’ve been dealing with an MG outbreak in a few birds but thankfully almost everyone is better and back to normal and I only had of my older Roos pass away… and have Also gotten everyone wormed during this mess to just to be on the safe side. Cuz I wasn’t really sure at first what I was dealing with. So Thank you!! I was scared to give heranything with her being so little

Back
Top Bottom