5 days 5 eggs!!!!

nsmith83083

In the Brooder
Mar 10, 2015
My RIR layed her first egg Monday and I've had an egg a day. I'm very excited. I thought I would only get a couple then she would stop for a couple of days, but each day she lays an egg right around the same time each day.

That being said. I take the egg when I see that she has layed it, sometimes there still pretty warm. Should I leave the egg in the nest for a while or am I right to take it right away. Not sure if there are any "rules" to this or not. :/

I did learn that if you don't wash them right away you can store them at room temp on the counter..Super cool.

So it is fine to take the egg right away?
There is no need to leave it in the nest for a couple of hours???

I do have a EE that is not laying yet, I wasn't sure if I should leave it for her to see to encourage her to lay or not.

You can either leave the egg or put a couple fake eggs/golf balls in the nest.....
....tho one of my pullets did not like the golf balls and wouldn't use the nest until I took it out.

I take orange plastic easter eggs and fill them with small black pebbles and then tape them shut. The dark colored pebbles darken the easter eggs color and makes it looks like a real egg. And you can leave the eggs or take them. No rules haha.

Back
Top Bottom