5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

So CUTE to watch him cuddle the feather dusters...and apparently my meat roosters caused me more trouble than I knew...this guy has fuzzy feet...Goliath does NOT have fuzzy feet. Grrrrr. More of a barnyard surprise than I was anticipating! LOL!
Barnyard Surprise = RIR + one of my two half bantams. So he's either 1/2 RIR + 1/4 Silkie + 1/4 Easter Egger or he's 1/2 RIR + 1/4 Bantam Cochin + 1/4 NN Production Layer

ronott1 thank you very much I am ridiculously excited and nervous too we are on day 4, I have candled the eggs but we cannot see a lot I have 3 I think I can see veining but again my first hatch so im not sure fingers crossed! :)

ronott1 thank you very much I am ridiculously excited and nervous too we are on day 4, I have candled the eggs but we cannot see a lot I have 3 I think I can see veining but again my first hatch so im not sure fingers crossed! :)

You should see a bunch of veining from day 5 to 7.

What are you hatching?

a bit of everything I have a various variety of chickens and I have two cockrels so a bit of a gamble at the minute I heard day 7 is the best and my partner said to wait but im to excited! I have two ducks and I cannot wait to get thir eggs in the incubator either!i think im addicted already and I haven't even had apossitive outcome yet oh dear good job were on a farm I think

Man, I leave for the movies and we are on page 633, I come back and we are on 647! I was just 3 hours..... anyways. The wrong way chick has pushed itself out of what was left of the egg, and it seems that it may be the only one to hatch from my original 7 NYD hatch.

Before and after. LOL It seems to be a strong little one.
smile.png

YAY! One more little bantam Langshan in the world!
ya.gif

I can't remember if I posted my lockdown picture? 6 marans 3 trader joes eggs the marans air cells are freaky

Wow, I did not know Trader Joes had fertile eggs. Probably much cheaper than I've been acquiring them. Also teachers on another site were asking for some for class project.
Good to know
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom