6 silkies for sale - Ohio

drafthorserider

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 10, 2012
Near Bellefontaine, OH
These guys are all sold pending pickup Saturday. Thanks for looking. I will close the thread in a few days.

I have 6 silkies left in my flock and would like to find them great homes. They are $20 each or $90 for all. They range in age from 2-9 months. They are blue, partridge, and white. 4 are hens for sure and I am quite certain the youngsters - hatched from Catdance eggs - are a hen and a rooster. All are healthy. I think all are correct, however one of the partridges has a small crest and one white is missing a toenail. Perfect for pets. Very pretty. Pickup Huntsville Ohio. All are from non hatchery stock.

I don't have a picture of the blue hen - the others are pictured above -
1st photo partridge hen
2nd photo partridge hen
3rd photo white and partridge hen from 1st photo
4th photo catdance chick - about 1 month ago
5th photo catdance chick - taken about 1 month ago - both have a much larger crest now, but they are still that different, which makes me think one is a hen and one is a rooster.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I'm new at this and would like to purchase 1 blue silkie hen. I live in Oklahoma. Do you know of any breeders in my area?

Last edited:
I am sorry. I don't know of any breeders in your area, and I don't ship silkies myself, but a lot of breeders do ship them through the usps. Your best bet would probably be to post on the byc blue silkie thread to look for a breeder near you or one that ships. Good luck in your search.

Hi,
I have to see what kind of pics I have on my computer. It is too dark to take pics in the chicken coop today and is down in the teens, so I can't take them outside. There are 3 whites, 2 partridges, and 1 blue. 2 of the whites are quite young and I think one of the young ones is a rooster.

These are the last of my silkies. I have sold all the rest and was going to keep a few for pets, but I decided I would like to sell them all if possible. I liked to free range everyone and something started to eat my silkies - nothing bothers our layers- so we made them a pen, but, for me, they really aren't that fun sitting in a pen, so I would like to find them all a home and no longer have silkies in the woods. There are 4 hens and 2 which aren't quite old enough to 100% sex yet. They look very different and are both from Catdance eggs hatched on the same day, so I assume one is a boy and one is a girl. I would like to sell all of them as a group, because I don't want to end up with one or two lonely silkies that get chilly at night since they are the only ones who sleep on the floor.

I know there are at least 4 hens, because those 4 are 9 months old. There are only 2 at 2-3 months old and sex is questionable at that young age. I did put a photo in the original post of one of the partridge hens. It is too cold to take them out of their coop for more photos. I just happened to have a picture of that partridge.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom