6 week old polish frizzle male or female?

Mshine92

Chirping
Jan 25, 2021
1000006737.jpg
1000006735.jpg
1000006734.jpg
1000006733.jpg

This is the first time I've owned frizzle polish chickens, I'm REALLY hoping Ms. Pinecone is a lady, but the more compare and contrast I look at, the more worried I get. What sex do you guys think?

Polish are quite tricky, its really too you to know gender for certain.
I'll take a guess and say male though, just a guess.

The frizzle makes it super hard for me. I have a 9 week old polish pullet and her poof is a perfectly round ball. The feathers on the head are round at the tips and they don’t droop at all. So I was looking for these qualities for a pullet but then the frizzle feathering is what I would have expected the male head to look like. My vote is male, but I’m completely inexperienced here with frizzle polish. So don’t take it seriously.

I’m just here to see cute baby chicken photos 😅

Thank you! The article was informative. This is how Pinecone is looking now- I still have no idea if male or female. The floof is rounded but the feathers come to a point, I'm stumped. I have a feeling cause the floof is over the face it's a boy though. This is at like 9 weeks now
1000007047.jpg
1000007049.jpg

Thank you! The article was informative. This is how Pinecone is looking now- I still have no idea if male or female. The floof is rounded but the feathers come to a point, I'm stumped. I have a feeling cause the floof is over the face it's a boy though. This is at like 9 weeks nowView attachment 3709908View attachment 3709907
Could you get a comb picture??

Back
Top Bottom