6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

Meanwhile he's sitting in a closet with the incubator and his phone...

how did u know?
clap.gif

Success!

I have 8 little fuzzies now with 2 more zipped and just mustering the energy to emerge and join the flock. I was so excited I could hardly sleep last night and now I'm happy that they all seem healthy and vibrant. Beverly is a trooper!

Ha ha, please don't judge my bobo next boxes. I find so much plastic garbage washed up on the beach an I'm obsessed with finding uses for it. This is an old milk crate. Sometimes they are a little broken and need some zip-tying :) My hens don't mind, though.

Thanks for all of the help and advice on this thread! Especially toward the end when my excitement had me molesting poor Beverly every half hour. I'll look forward to the next hatch-a-long.

Good luck to you all and can't wait to see the pix!
IE

Success!

I have 8 little fuzzies now with 2 more zipped and just mustering the energy to emerge and join the flock. I was so excited I could hardly sleep last night and now I'm happy that they all seem healthy and vibrant. Beverly is a trooper!

Ha ha, please don't judge my bobo next boxes. I find so much plastic garbage washed up on the beach an I'm obsessed with finding uses for it. This is an old milk crate. Sometimes they are a little broken and need some zip-tying :) My hens don't mind, though.

Thanks for all of the help and advice on this thread! Especially toward the end when my excitement had me molesting poor Beverly every half hour. I'll look forward to the next hatch-a-long.

Good luck to you all and can't wait to see the pix!
IE

ok some peeps have mentioned humidity up and down and shrink wrapping the chicks.............does shrink wrapping happen when the humdity goes up and down? I had thought shrink wrapping happened when you didnt have enough humdity?

I've heard some reports that the flu shot is only effective this year in only 40% of the cases. Luckily this flu is only dangerous for the elderly, young and immuno-compromised. Last year was the first year I got a flu shot in over 15 years. I've been blessed to avoid the flu for many years.

ok some peeps have mentioned humidity up and down and shrink wrapping the chicks.............does shrink wrapping happen when the humdity goes up and down? I had thought shrink wrapping happened when you didnt have enough humdity?
I'm interested, too. It seems like there would have to be a super drastic dip in humidity for that to happen, or for the humidity to be low for a long time.

well im just a bit behind on the thread...LOL I haven't been on since Christmas! hope everyone is well!

I love seeing all these early birds! LOL congrats to everyone with fuzzies so far, and goof luck for those to come

Back
Top Bottom