6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

Question about fertile turkey egg by @SallyinIndiana

Just incase this got missed, I think the egg could be fertile still.. At least there would be a good chance if it where a chicken.
Yes! Fertility starts going down after two week so the egg has a good chance of being fertile.

Pop in into the incubator!

ya.gif
celebrate.gif
jumpy.gif
ya.gif
all of my chicks hatched !!!!! AND I have a rainbow bunch a blue/silver one a black one a yellow one with a skunk stripe, a orangy yellow one and the last one a choclate yelly one!! the last one hatched EXACTLY 21 days and 15 minutes after I set them on the 11th at 12:15

ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
Congrats!!!! We definitely need more photos!!!

wee.gif
That is great!

What was the total?
all of them hatched except the two dudd eggs which I vinagared and never had any developement were unfertile ....I cant believe they all hatched!! I was hoping at best maybe 2!! thank you thank you thank you verrrrry much for all your help and handholding and guidance thru this process.......I dont think I would have had the confidence to do this if you hadnt invited me into the hatch along...even if I had to scramble like a mad woman just to find a few fertile eggs and build a incubator from scratch hehehe these guys are soo adorable and I have been dreaming about trying this for years and years and years now! and with you our hatching egg guru and everyones support this has been a wonderful blessing and a wonderful way to start the new year off. With my mother passing away last year and buying and moving into our new home, last year was an extremely emotional and strengthening time for me, to start out the new year with so much joy and blessings to look forward to is a fantastic gift.. Thank you sincerely, truely from My heart to everyones Happy new year may this be one spectacular year :)

all of them hatched except the two dudd eggs which I vinagared and never had any developement were unfertile ....I cant believe they all hatched!! I was hoping at best maybe 2!! thank you thank you thank you verrrrry much for all your help and handholding and guidance thru this process.......I dont think I would have had the confidence to do this if you hadnt invited me into the hatch along...even if I had to scramble like a mad woman just to find a few fertile eggs and build a incubator from scratch hehehe these guys are soo adorable and I have been dreaming about trying this for years and years and years now! and with you our hatching egg guru and everyones support this has been a wonderful blessing and a wonderful way to start the new year off. With my mother passing away last year and buying and moving into our new home, last year was an extremely emotional and strengthening time for me, to start out the new year with so much joy and blessings to look forward to is a fantastic gift.. Thank you sincerely, truely from My heart to everyones Happy new year may this be one spectacular year :)

I watched the movie Wild yesterday. I also read the book.

The main character hiked from southern California to the Bridge of the Gods in Oregon to get over the loss of her mother.

Hatching chicken eggs seems like a much better way to go!

Amberjem you are very welcome and Congratulations on the great hatch!

Here's Solo 15 hours later. I see puffy cheeks!

For some reason my chick photo appears less fluffy and more sticky.

- - -
Cute chick, Ron! Too bad I can't teleport Solo over there for company.

BTW, for yuks candled a couple of the TJ eggs (Day 4, set on Sunday) and there's LOTS of veins. VBG!!!

Here's Solo 15 hours later. I see puffy cheeks!

For some reason my chick photo appears less fluffy and more sticky.

- - -
Cute chick, Ron! Too bad I can't teleport Solo over there for company.

BTW, for yuks candled a couple of the TJ eggs (Day 4, set on Sunday) and there's LOTS of veins. VBG!!!
That is going to be a beautiful chicken!

Trader Joe's must have been working on fertility. They seem much better now. I wonder is the reports of low fertility from those of us hatching them had something to do with it?

I hope you have a great hatch!

17 hatched. 81 left to go.

How long do we have before the hatch rate deadline?

Looks like most are going to be into tomorrow before they hatch.

Back
Top Bottom