6w old serama

haley0489

Chirping
Mar 29, 2023
I think I know the answer, but I’ve been trying to live in denial. I hatched a dozen and it appears I only got two pullets! :tongue

Are the ones on the right cockerels? They were late to develop combs and waddles and are considerably smaller than my definite cockerels, but also considerably larger than my definite pullets!

Attachments

• 3589F3A1-0522-4CEB-9E1A-372B51F01CF0.jpeg
    3589F3A1-0522-4CEB-9E1A-372B51F01CF0.jpeg
    785.9 KB · Views: 53
Sell or give them away now while there still young.
I can’t even pay people to take my extra roos. I’ve got one serama hen and five young but mature roos. They are living peacefully now, but obviously they’ve gotta go. Plus I’ve got at least 10 more coming up behind them. I’ve honestly considered butchering as an alternative.

I can’t even pay people to take my extra roos. I’ve got one serama hen and five young but mature roos. They are living peacefully now, but obviously they’ve gotta go. Plus I’ve got at least 10 more coming up behind them. I’ve honestly considered butchering as an alternative.
That's a better solution cause you can get rid of them on your time.

I'm sure there is a market for serama, even males. Until you can sell the non keepers, you can put them in a bachelor flock

Right now both look like pullets, but I have my doubts for one. I hope I'm wrong :lau
Just updating that the suspicious pullet is definitely a pullet! Here she is at just shy of 12 weeks. Her hatch mates are developing hackles, but her feathers are nice and rounded. She’s a real beauty, so I am relieved!!

Attachments

• IMG_2020.jpeg
    IMG_2020.jpeg
    272 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom