7 ft. 2 in. x 7 ft. 6 in. Resin shed coop conversion

These are various photos, not in any particular order, of some of the different configurations. The first and unsuccesful poop board - the material in those boards was pretty bad...
IMG_0444.JPG
The second poop board worked much better thanks to @aart, but shoulder surgery made things difficult...
IMG_0671.JPG

The window was great for the broody hen and her chicks.
IMG_0948.JPG
I moved the ladder roost that was originally inside the coop, so that it leaned against the front, underneath the plastic awning... they like to sit there and gossip with the chickens that have gone into the coop already!
IMG_1330.JPG
The little coop is inside the first run with a temporary run attached for chicks. The nest box was there when I had to quarantine my Bielefelder hen who had a prolapsed vent. I had wire around that too.
IMG_1748.JPG
I repurposed the back of an old garden chair as a ladder for chicks.
IMG_1843.JPG
I built the nestboxes a couple of months after my shoulder surgery, and my DH helped me to mount it. He wanted to help me build it, but I had a tantrum because I was tired of feeling like I couldn't do anything!!!
IMG_3359.JPG
Until last week, my flock consisted of 17 laying hens, 4 roosters, an lots of teenage and younger chickens... Then I got the notice from the township that I was in violation of the zoning ordinance... I sold all my French Black Copper Marans hens and roo, and some of my Easter Eggers and mixes that had started to lay last month. Still have eggs in the Dickeys incubator waiting to hatch, and pullets waiting to be sold. I am going to try for a variance, and maybe I'll even get to keep my Bielefelder roo - my immediate neighbors are not happy that the roosters are going! Neither am I.

Attachments

• IMG_0165.JPG
    IMG_0165.JPG
    685.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0701.JPG
    IMG_0701.JPG
    795.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1838.JPG
    IMG_1838.JPG
    801.9 KB · Views: 54
These are various photos, not in any particular order, of some of the different configurations. The first and unsuccesful poop board - the material in those boards was pretty bad...View attachment 1108101 The second poop board worked much better thanks to @aart, but shoulder surgery made things difficult...
View attachment 1108102
The window was great for the broody hen and her chicks.View attachment 1108105 I moved the ladder roost that was originally inside the coop, so that it leaned against the front, underneath the plastic awning... they like to sit there and gossip with the chickens that have gone into the coop already!
View attachment 1108106 The little coop is inside the first run with a temporary run attached for chicks. The nest box was there when I had to quarantine my Bielefelder hen who had a prolapsed vent. I had wire around that too.
View attachment 1108107 I repurposed the back of an old garden chair as a ladder for chicks.View attachment 1108109 I built the nestboxes a couple of months after my shoulder surgery, and my DH helped me to mount it. He wanted to help me build it, but I had a tantrum because I was tired of feeling like I couldn't do anything!!!
View attachment 1108110 Until last week, my flock consisted of 17 laying hens, 4 roosters, an lots of teenage and younger chickens... Then I got the notice from the township that I was in violation of the zoning ordinance... I sold all my French Black Copper Marans hens and roo, and some of my Easter Eggers and mixes that had started to lay last month. Still have eggs in the Dickeys incubator waiting to hatch, and pullets waiting to be sold. I am going to try for a variance, and maybe I'll even get to keep my Bielefelder roo - my immediate neighbors are not happy that the roosters are going! Neither am I.

Ok got the Shed up. Just need to finish with screwing down the roof. Need someone to hold the edges down so it gets a good seal.
Next is to figure out how to do the inside :)
The front part of the shed area will me a sitting spot for me with maybe one of those skinny gas fireplaces.
Hens will go out the coop on the Left side there. Need to make a door
CAM03627.jpg

outdoor fireplace
034613673849.jpg

Ok got the Shed up. Just need to finish with screwing down the roof. Need someone to hold the edges down so it gets a good seal.
Next is to figure out how to do the inside :)
The front part of the shed area will me a sitting spot for me with maybe one of those skinny gas fireplaces.
Hens will go out the coop on the Left side there. Need to make a doorView attachment 1133802
outdoor fireplace
You should start a build thread...or maybe you already have one?
If not, please do so :
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/coop-run-design-construction-maintenance.9/create-thread

How long do these take to set up.. I think we are going to get a couple, one for our backyard flock and one for our little show/breeding bantams..

You should start a build thread...or maybe you already have one?
If not, please do so :
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/coop-run-design-construction-maintenance.9/create-thread

How long do these take to set up.. I think we are going to get a couple, one for our backyard flock and one for our little show/breeding bantams..

The rubbermaid took me about 2 hours, alone. But I have done this before. It really isn't that hard but way easier with 2 people.
A lot of screws and also easier for 2 people, one to hold the other to screw

Tigger's resin shed coop build, woohoo!!:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...op-construction-thread.1198632/#post-18971944

Back
Top Bottom