7 month old Easter egger - lethargic

@prostar , those of us in California can have necropsies done at one of the four CAHFS labs for $20. If you are close enough you can drop her off, if not, you can ship overnight using their FedEx account number.

Labs are in Davis, Turlock, Tulare, and San Bernadino.
https://cahfs.vetmed.ucdavis.edu

Last edited:
Not sure if they were lice or mites. She didn’t make it though :( hubs noticed something that I missed though after she passed - a small lump kinda up by her leg. Tumor or tiny eggbound - I don’t know.
Oh I am so sorry Star.
:hugs
I'm not sure what you mean by tiny eggbound.
Can you send her for a necropsy?
This makes your second loss this week?

Oh I am so sorry Star.
:hugs
I'm not sure what you mean by tiny eggbound.
Can you send her for a necropsy?
This makes your second loss this week?
Technically third (though second from illness). Not a good weekend for my birds. We finally sent one of my roosters to rooster rehabilitation camp - he was a little too aggressive in his woo-ing. Lost the four year old BR to being eggbound (she resisted all attempts at Epsom salt soak sand all that too...she’s dealt with it before and managed to pull through but not this time) and lost the Easter egger last night.

Tiny eggbound - like it was a fairy egg that blocked her up? I don’t know.

Necropsy wasn’t really an option. Didn’t have room in the fridge/freezer. If I suspected the Big Bad I would have figured something out - but pretty sure it wasn’t vnd.

Well. If it was mereks I’ll see more chickens fall ill...I’ll have to keep my chickens on lockdown and keep a very close eye on them.

Back
Top Bottom