8 week old pullets won’t go into coop at night

I know this is an older reply but our 24 week old girls just started doing this. We did make their run bigger recently but maybe they are just going through a phase? Tonight they missed the auto door. Last night it was half and half.

Attachments

• 91BF68EE-682D-4E7E-86E8-123519C5556F.jpeg
    91BF68EE-682D-4E7E-86E8-123519C5556F.jpeg
    331.8 KB · Views: 7
I know this is an older reply but our 24 week old girls just started doing this. We did make their run bigger recently but maybe they are just going through a phase? Tonight they missed the auto door. Last night it was half and half.
Ha! This looks so familiar! My pullets slept on top of coop in protected run of course as babies… guess where they still sleep? Yep.. on top! Who am I to judge them! They seem happy! 🙌🏻🐓🤣

How many do you have? How big is the coop, in ft x ft? Do any of them sleep inside?

How big is the mesh you are shooting the picture through? Is it hardware cloth or welded wire? If it's not hardware cloth, they are probably not safe from predators.

I would go out and make sure they are all sleeping inside the coop. Unless it is too small. You need at least four square feet per bird inside. If it's smaller than that, they won't sleep in it, it's too small.

Back
Top Bottom