A Barbezieux Thread.

Pics
Yea. Thanks for posting Madriver. Any info on this breed we can compile in this thread is great. What is the recipe? :)

There are a few Barbezieux vids on youtube also. It lists this fricasse recipe under the video but in French.

0.jpg

I got my first Barbezieux egg the day before yesterday, and my hens are still under 5 months old! YAY! I hope to process a few of the boys next week, and I have 2 more sets of chicks growing - there are 5 more from a breeder in CA (GFF parents), that are just coming 4 and 5 weeks old, plus I have 19 chicks from GFF that are just 4 days old. :)

My first 5 Barb girls started laying and have been very consistent, so put 7 eggs in the incubator this morning as a test. :)

Here are my keeper roo and his girls...

And here are the 3 that get processed in another day...

That's great Steph can't wait to see how your hatch goes.

I finally butchered 9 of the 14 cockerels I had. I left 5 for breeding picks.

These are the live weights at ten months old.

1. 6.875 lbs
2. 6.125 lbs
3. 6.375 lbs
4. 7.75
5. 7.25
6. 6.625
7. 7.5
8. 7.375
9. 6.

Last edited:
Steph are any or your males showing aggressiveness towards humans yet. I have a couple, one being my best looking male that try to spur me. They don't have fully formed spurs yet but when they do they'll get me good. I've already been scratched a couple times. It's a behavior I just can't put up with. It's discouraging.

Your birds look good. Do all your females combs stand up? All my girls combs flop over.

Last edited:
Yeah I was also going to comment on those hen combs.. they flop over on all of mine too.

but also they look overall different.. short tails, maybe chunkier bodies? The tail on my roo is big with very long sickles

Back
Top Bottom