A BEE thread....for those interested in beekeeping.

Looks awesome. Nice job. I ordered a new box yesterday and can't wait for it to get here. The bee's I harvested are doing fine bringing back Polen. I made an observation window in my super sense I'm not using it yet . It was easy got the pexy glass for 50 cent .

Ok all the observation window's are done. Now I have two working full on bee hive set up's ( 2 deep brood ,and 2 medium supers )each all with windows. So happy. I bought some small sting lights for the inside lol husband thinks I'm crazy. But there battery powered and supper small led lights . I found its so dark in the hive I couldn't see anything. Hope it works.

Also harvested 2 more wild hives with the queen's one went to the neighbors who are next to where I got the hives (I had to to keep the peace ) ...

Everything is going awesome. Wednesday I open up new hive to Chek progress. So excited.

We have had the first hive for almost 3 week's.
I also harvested 2 -5 galon bucks of honey from the biggest hive yesterday. So good . And plenty for them in the deep.

Last edited:
[VIDEO]

[/VIDEO] anyone know what this means they are all alive. No dead bee's.
Please help

hu.gif
When you get it figured out please fill us in on what that is.
Did they fly off or move back into the hive?
The young brood sometimes go to the mouth of the hive and hang out, or wash board, but I have never seen mine off of the hive.

Last edited:
Hi All,
I have a problem; my honey bees are crazy for chicken pellets. They are carrying off small pieces. Problem is the dust from pellets is coating the bees and they die.
Anybody have ideas? Are the pellets bad for the brood? I have moved the pellets several times further away, into the coop the bees follow. For now I am feeding scratch, not so dusty and bees don't seem to have the same attraction.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom