A Bielefelder Thread !

Pics
Yay! There is a thread about these. I just got some hatching eggs, glad there arepictures up of the chicks :). I got them for pretty cheap so i hope the babies come out looking the same.

Always be careful, buy from someone you can trust or at least think are reliable. Some people are dishonest, I just spoke to a guy who bought 24 pullets off of a guy all rare birds and didn't get nothing he was supposed to have gotten.

Thats terrible, I'm hoping for the best. My hatch will hopefully tell if i got the birds i asked for. If anything, i'll have some illegitimate chicks to love and learn from :).

TNBEARCHICK, I think it was a little over 7 months before Elite got his 1st egg. I'm just guessing and thinking back.

Welcome to the thread tastybabies! Wishing you the best on your hatching!

My Bielefelders are about 5 1/2 months old. I'm guessing 1 1/2 to 2 months before mine start laying.

Yep, they do like to eat. They got bigger quicker and passed my other breeds of about same age. My thinking is, once they mature, they will eat less. Once again, I am guessing.

Yay! There is a thread about these. I just got some hatching eggs, glad there arepictures up of the chicks
smile.png
. I got them for pretty cheap so i hope the babies come out looking the same.
where did you get them? As far as I know, Elite Poultry has the oldest pair outside of GFF so not sure anyone else really has eggs yet, although there are a few folks with birds about a month behind Mike and he has at least hatched about 6-8 chicks thus far, so he's had eggs for about 4-6 weeks maybe.

Thanks for the welcome guys! i got them from gamefowl farms in texas. My eggs came in yesterday, they arrived perfectly. They look like bielefelder eggs. A nice big brown egg, but of course lots of birds lay eggs similar to these.

Hi tastybabies! Could you give us the actual link to the site you got your eggs? There are many sites with the name game fowl farms. I looked at over 20 sites, none of which had Bieleders. I'm like Papa Brooder, I'm a little skeptical. I would like a link if you have it. Just to check site out for curiosity purposes. I truly hope you got what you paid for.

What did you have to give for your eggs? I saw what Elite paid for his, I told myself no way! Dang chickens ain't worth that price. A little over 2 months later I paid $970 plus $80 shipping for a pair. They were supposed to be 6 to 8 weeks old. After a phone call from Greenfire Farms, I received 9 dead day old chicks.
I have worked in commercial chicken houses. There is no way you convince me that they didn't ship me chicks that were dead when they boxed them up. The stage of deterioration they were in said otherwise. They did ship me 9 more in a week or so.

My personal opinion is they were trying to sell birds they didn't have. Shipping the dead chicks bought them more time. I paid $80 shipping charges. The cost to ship the chicks were between $20 and $30. Even with 2 shipments they made a profit on shipping.

Was same thing with Rhodebars, except I actually received live chicks. I bought a pair $60 and $80 shipping. I received day old chicks. They were supposed to be between 5 and 8 weeks old. I bought the rhodebars and Bieleders within a couple days of each other. The 1 phone call I agreed to get day old chicks on each. It was only 2 or 3 days after my last purchase that they called. They already knew they didn't have the birds I paid for.

That is why I don't believe a word Greenfire has to say. It was why I suggested a few posts back that maybe the buyer didn't get the amount Greenfire said they sent.

I am thankful for them importing the different breeds. Personally I feel their goal is all about the dollar, not the birds!!

Greenfire has always taken great care of us, any problems have always been addressed in a caring manner sometimes slower than I wanted but I realize they can't snap their fingers and make it happen. So sorry you had trouble I am sure it was not on purpose.

Back
Top Bottom