A Bielefelder Thread !

Hello,
My Biels are a good 20 weeks old now and all appears as anticipated but, My Biels have a great fear of the snow. They have never gone outside since the snow fell this Winter. I can't even scare them outside , they would rather fly inside the coop and then look at me thinking I'm nuts. Even on sunny 32+ temps. Is this the same for your Biels or are mine to "soft" for PA snow.
Thanks

Oh dear lol well no mine got over it considering how long our winters are they'd have too. Treats? maybe make a path, i sweep back snow ... mine would die for a 32+ day right now we've been brutally cold.

one of my ladies out in the snow, now i won't say she's super impressed lol but they tackle it.

Here's some Coastline chicks on the right (2011 import) On the left are from Pam(Ron Skekel) 2013 import.
(The dark/grey chick is a Legbar)

Same chicks as above. They are a little over three weeks old now. Pics were taken today.

aw, they are so cute and little amazing how small they once were.

These are all Biele eggs except for the lighter colored legbars. They're from the above hatch.
2013 import upper half of egg tray. Lower half Coastline eggs, 2011 import.

Nice pic! shows the variance well.
Our sweet girl, Faith
Pretty little lady!

I could not find a thread on Neiderrheiner chickens, so I figured I would ask here since they are similar to Bielefelders. Does anyone have any experience with them, if so how are they to raise,pics, etc.
HI, while looking around i only saw Sunbirdfarm and Greenfire with them…..Sounds like another Bielefelder type of huge, dual purpose bird…..probably too new for a BYC thread yet…..More golden, couldn't tell if crele too…….

Last edited:
HI, while looking around i only saw Sunbirdfarm and Greenfire with them…..Sounds like another Bielefelder type of huge, dual purpose bird…..probably too new for a BYC thread yet…..More golden, couldn't tell if crele too…….

You can get them in different colors but in the US there is only lemon cuckoo which isn't very good for autosexing

We just completed our final day 18 candling. I lost one more egg from my eBay shipment, leaving 6 out of 8, and lost one more egg from the "local" Scottsdale breeder's eggs, leaving only 3 eggs out of 12. If all of them hatch from here I'll get 9 chicks. Keeping my fingers crossed!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom