A Bielefelder Thread !

My 2.5 week old Bieles. The smallest boy (yolkie face) and the biggest girl. Both from the same place. Haha.

My 2.5 week old Bieles. The smallest boy (yolkie face) and the biggest girl. Both from the same place. Haha.

Too cute! I just love watching the feather patterns evolve on chicks as they age. And look at those yellow legs! My girls have been laying for long enough now that the yellow has pretty much faded from their legs and beaks. I kind of miss it.
roll.png

Too cute! I just love watching the feather patterns evolve on chicks as they age. And look at those yellow legs! My girls have been laying for long enough now that the yellow has pretty much faded from their legs and beaks. I kind of miss it. :rolleyes:

I enjoy the change too! The legs look yellow in the pic but in person they almost look green tinged, or willow colored. I wonder if the colored tinge will fade.

The last time we had a broody bielefelder momma, she kept her chicks with her for quite a while. This time, not so much. The chicks were hatched around March 11. Some were 3-5 days older because I got them at the feed store. The momma already has them outside and down the ramp.

@Saris they are too cute. I hatched 2 biels last month, 1 of each, and the male was also smaller than the female. Now they are 6 weeks old and the same size. The male is also that same pale color as yours is. I was wondering about that.

jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom