A Bielefelder Thread !

Yesterday when I was gathering eggs I found a small light brown egg. I was upset. I have BCMs and CLs laying, where did this egg come from, which chicken laid it and how did it have mixed parentage? Well...... it wasn't any of those scenarios..... it was the Bielefelders, they have started to lay at 25 weeks. I thought I still had a month or so before they would start laying. Never the less.... it was a nice surprise.

Desert Chick, she laid the second one on the porch this morning!

Congrats! I had an interesting egg laid this morning as well, large pinkish/purple and the only new hens I've got are the two 4 month old Biels. Could one possibly be laying already?

Congrats! I had an interesting egg laid this morning as well, large pinkish/purple and the only new hens I've got are the two 4 month old Biels. Could one possibly be laying already?
Wow...... I don't know, that is young and I think an odd color for a Biel.

Desert Chick, she laid the second one on the porch this morning!

Let the daily egg hunt begin!!!! She'll eventually find a nesting box, but until then you get to play a daily game.
big_smile.png

One of my Biel hens hatched from a pink egg, and the eggs she lays are pink at one end and graduate to a golden brown color on the other end.

Let the daily egg hunt begin!!!! She'll eventually find a nesting box, but until then you get to play a daily game.
big_smile.png

One of my Biel hens hatched from a pink egg, and the eggs she lays are pink at one end and graduate to a golden brown color on the other end.
I have a Marans that lays a pinkish brown egg. She is supposed to be a blue Marans but I think she has a little something extra. She has yellow feet.

Back
Top Bottom