A Bielefelder Thread !

The white ear Biele pic posted earlier had a longish tail, so it reminded me a little bit of my Legbars..... but only a little

My Bieles have always had a big rectangular or box-like look. Not sure how else to describe it

My Cream Crested Legbars have a completely diff shape, whitish earlobe, but similar feathers like my Bieles. Not all Legbars have crests, but they are autosexing so they have that similar appearance. IMO their faces are very different, but some visitors tell me that my Legbars look like baby Bieles.
I realize there are some without a crest but the lack of a crest in Cream Legbars is a disqualification according to the proposed SOP for the Cream Legbar application to the APA.

Someone just brought it to my attention that the Bielefelder is not recognized by the APA and there is no SOP. Is that true?
Yes. Bieles are considered a rare breed in the US. APA stands for American Poultry Association, and Bieles are a German breed. There are many different breeds that are not in currently in the APA but might be in the future if there is enough demand. (My Crested Cream Legbar is the same.) I do not breed Legbars & Bieles, but people who do should look at the European standards for guidance. Someone posted the standards somewhere earlier in this thread.

Quote:
The eggs on the right (lighter ones) pretty much disqualifies it as being Bielefelder. The lighter color makes me suspect of.....Brown Leghorns...... (brown eggshell + white eggshell = cream eggshell).

Quote:
There is a SOP in Europe, from Germany. Greenfire also posts the SOP on their website with the Bielefelders and it has been translated on other Facebook groups as well. Correct, the Bielefelder is not in the APA so we default to the original SOP from Germany.

We 4 pullets and 3 roosters. All 6 months old. How are their size, shape, and color? First time with this breed.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Back
Top Bottom