A brazen hawk and a hungry black snake

You can buy snake deterrent from Lowe's. I have also heard a couple cans of diesel fuel placed strategically will help deter them. I'd keep the snake because it does keep the mouse population down. I don't think he could eat nine-week-old pullets, but who knows?
What I don’t understand, why doesn’t the hawk eat the snake?? Hawk would be full (for now) snake would be gone.

I've seen posting of pullets and some decent size hens killed by snakes. They got the head in their mouth, could not swallow them and then spit them back out.

I'd be careful with that snake. At the same time, that snake will eat a lot of rodents that you also don't want either as a pest to you or attracting other predators worse than a snake. .... It's a toss up.

I've seen posting of pullets and some decent size hens killed by snakes. They got the head in their mouth, could not swallow them and then spit them back out.

I'd be careful with that snake. At the same time, that snake will eat a lot of rodents that you also don't want either as a pest to you or attracting other predators worse than a snake. .... It's a toss up.
The snake started climbing my house, he was going after a black birds nest. I had my husband rehome him. He took him to his office, there is a forest area there, and let him go. I know the whole circle of life thing, but he was too risky. I hope that decision doesn’t come back to bite me

Back
Top Bottom