• Total voters

Americano Blue

Make everyday count
6 Years
Apr 14, 2014
(Insert Something Sarcastic)
My Coop
My Coop
We've been needing a larger coop for a while now but are afraid to get one. With our current situation, we needed a portable coop and we thought of one of those portable carport things. Any advice about how to get it ready for chickens or is this even a good idea? I can't have a 'real' coop at the moment. The chicken have their own fenced in area where nothing can get them.

Last edited:
Like a fabric one? No, What's to stop every dog and predator from ripping through the sides?

What are you calling a real coop? A simple tractor, cheap to make and can take it with you would be a better option.

Last edited:
I've seen carports converted to run in sheds for ponies, they just add 3 walls and a gate on the front......but they're ALWAYS the ones with the metal roof like this;

A carport definitely would be do-able, but I have to agree with Percheron chick, don't use a fabric one, way too easy for predators to get into

Anything with a roof makes a good coop. Hang some roost bars from one side to the other and the one in Post 3 could roost 30-40 chickens easily. You said your birds have a safe fenced in area to put it in so I don't see a fabric type having a pred problem.

Back
Top Bottom