A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I have all my coops built in unused horse stalls with large runs around the outside of my barn. I also have a water hose with a sprayer on the end of it. I spray them in there face anytime they start getting pushy with me. I seem to have there respect,year round, roosters also. I don't know but a hand held squirt bottle might be enough water.Water in there face is a real wake up for them!

PolarBerry...what a great deal....an incubator and as many birds as you want in exchange for a baked guinea! I'd serve that guinea on the good china with candles on the table and a good wine! R2elk may have some cooking tips!
Hey Otis...no...a roving band of attack turkeys is not a good thing. Ralphie may have some tips on how to handle that...

Do your toms attack you during or even after breeding season?
Honestly...

Nope. We had one that got that way once. He was a big beautiful bourbon red. He was also Thanksgiving dinner last year. That kind of behavior is not tolerated here. Our current 3 toms are all sweet boys and the most arguing they do around me is who gets the attention lol. Here is Romeo loving up the girl scouts :)

IMG_2872.JPG

Love that pic of Romeo with the kids! So cool when kids get to learn about turkeys. Kids in my neighborhood love getting a hen hug from Daisy. To be honest, so do their parents. Of course while they are hugging & taking selfies with Daisy, Annie is stealing their stuff! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom