A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I've never owned a Tom. But have known two imprinted Tom's belonging to friends that were fabulous. One would ride shotgun in the golf cart while his owner played a round of golf. He was a big ole blue slate. My friend lives in the country on a golf course and he could NOT take off in that golf cart without that bird running him down. The other was a single hatch. My friend would talk to that egg & he would answer & the egg would dance around. She had him with her all the time until he was big enough to go into her turkey pen. He's still her big baby! I think Ralphie is right. I believe it's a matter of nuture and nature. Genetics plus how they are raised. I see it in dogs all the time.

Boy there are no saints in the convent today! Found poor Annie in the nest box with Daisy standing on her head. Wenches. Grabbed Daisy & hauled her off for a discussion. Just looked out and there they are, beak to beak eating some wild ginger like nothing ever happened.

I've never owned a Tom. But have known two imprinted Tom's belonging to friends that were fabulous. One would ride shotgun in the golf cart while his owner played a round of golf. He was a big ole blue slate. My friend lives in the country on a golf course and he could NOT take off in that golf cart without that bird running him down. The other was a single hatch. My friend would talk to that egg & he would answer & the egg would dance around. She had him with her all the time until he was big enough to go into her turkey pen. He's still her big baby! I think Ralphie is right. I believe it's a matter of nuture and nature. Genetics plus how they are raised. I see it in dogs all the time.

Mine were all bought at 8 wks about.. the 2016 naris were raised in a stall and the people got tired of them.. they acted wild every time I went near them in the isolation cage.. but $5 apiece was a good deal... The three from 2017 were brooded in a different persons basement brooder but were not as wild acting.. but not lappers. The hen still will not eat out of my hand or let me catch her.. The boys were only slightly better until breeding season came lol.
Yeah I felt bad for that bird with the feather up his butt... I felt like I let him down, but I couldn't keep all those boys anyway.. and he was tasty.
When his brother started it I wrestled him down looking for an issue and didn't find any.

Mine were all bought at 8 wks about.. the 2016 naris were raised in a stall and the people got tired of them.. they acted wild every time I went near them in the isolation cage.. but $5 apiece was a good deal... The three from 2017 were brooded in a different persons basement brooder but were not as wild acting.. but not lappers. The hen still will not eat out of my hand or let me catch her.. The boys were only slightly better until breeding season came lol.
Yeah I felt bad for that bird with the feather up his butt... I felt like I let him down, but I couldn't keep all those boys anyway.. and he was tasty.
When his brother started it I wrestled him down looking for an issue and didn't find any.

I have this picture of you having the Toms neck and head locked between your knees....and you examining him close up for an errant feather up his arse......

I have this picture of you having the Toms neck and head locked between your knees....and you examining him close up for an errant feather up his arse......
worse.. he was uncooperative and we ended up on the ground... :rant
in the end, I was on my knees and sitting on his shoulders, him pecking at my boots me looking at his butt. :sick .. figured if I killed him, it was going to happen sooner or later... he stayed away from me for quite awhile :celebratebut I wouldn't recommend turkey wrestling :barnie

Back
Top Bottom