A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

The problem with letting them have an orgy, is the hens retain the sperm from the Toms for over 60 days, it's not like chickens that 2 weeks and it is safe to remate them.

Of course, there could be some last in first out...But some people say the hens can pick the toms sperm they want..which seems weird to me..

Last in first out was what I was basing it on..

Have heard one successful mating if hen doesn't go broody is good for almost entire laying season.

As far as keeping specific toms. Sperm. Dunno but guess I could do some scientific research with hens and Tom matings to check retention times.

I have a chicken that expels the sperm when she is caught by a roo she doesn't like.. I left her in there for a couple of weeks and no fertile eggs.. put her is with a roo she likes and wala fertile eggs
ETA I would see her expel the sperm immediately after mating.. with a smug look on her face

Oddly quiet without a second tom competing and especially silent without the guinea fowl.

They’re napping together in the fridge now.

My incubator arrives Monday and I’ve got 2 days of eggs waiting, going to collect until it’s mostly full or 10ish days out.

View outside today.
20180401_163908.jpg

Mo. Weather

Back
Top Bottom