A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Is anyone else still hatching? I just set 19 more turkey eggs in the bator..... they will be a mixed batch from my new Tom and the girls I got over memorial day as well as a few from my bbw mix girl.
20180528_195138-1.jpg
20180528_150351-1.jpg
20180528_145121.jpg
I am excited to see what will hatch!

my turkey hen is sitting on 5 eggs and a chicken has 1 egg turkey egg
14 poults on the ground
21chicks
and some broody chicks due to hatch today
2 other broody chickens have eggs
and another chicken just went broody, haven't decided if I will break her, give her some eggs from another broody or give her new eggs... getting a little full of poultry LOL I will see what hatches today first.

Got 28% protein gamebird feed and the turkeys are so much more happier and don’t fight the chicks anymore!
it is amazing the difference a few extra nutrients make.:barnie
It make you wonder if the aggressive people would benefit from a better diet.

My aggressive tom has been acting up again. They aren't eating as much feed. I watched them and figured out they are eating a lot of grass seed and mulberries and not much turkey feed... good for the wallet. but not the serenity I was enjoying... he is no longer the dominate tom (he is a nari from 2016) and the dominate (calico from 2017, but hatch mate to my hen) isn't going after me. All the ones that went after me were 2016 nari brothers, and as I put one in the cooler, the next dominate one would go after me. So I think genetics is a factor as to how much nutrients they need also.
Its a shame because I liked him, but I think I will be having turkey dinner soon.:hmm

Still setting turkey and quail eggs.
Finally getting a decent hatch but ran into unknown issues poults dying at about 10 days to 2 weeks old.

If I get caught up and can get some pics we will play guess the hidden gene game with a couple poults I hatched out of a pen that is all bourbon reds.

Back
Top Bottom