A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

feedman77, do we get pictures of the adults? You said a for sure bourbon red tom? It really looks like a buff to me, but that would be BBrr which doesn't make sense. Are those standard or jumbo Texas A&M's? How many color varieties do you have in the coturnix?

Freedman...buff? For sure adorable!

Turkeys had so many visitors today they are tuckered. Been snoozing in front of the fan most of the day. Just took out some cold watermelon. That will perk them up! They do love a watermelon!

Freedman...buff? For sure adorable!

Turkeys had so many visitors today they are tuckered. Been snoozing in front of the fan most of the day. Just took out some cold watermelon. That will perk them up! They do love a watermelon!
It's amazing what a cold watermelon will do for a turkey on a hot day, but woe be the chicken who wants to steal some...

image.jpg Poults are getting bigger. still in the baby coop, but looking great.

feedman77, do we get pictures of the adults? You said a for sure bourbon red tom? It really looks like a buff to me, but that would be BBrr which doesn't make sense. Are those standard or jumbo Texas A&M's? How many color varieties do you have in the coturnix?

Since you stated buff. I know what bird it came from. It was an off colored hen. Can't get pics as I sold all but 4 hens and 2 toms. The toms I held back weren't in the breeding pens.

As far as coturnix the a&m are jumbo. I had Italians, a&m, meatmakers, Rosetta, and silver tuxedo.

So then did you have any black based hens? I really think that is a buff, which is super cool since they're fairly rare. Oh cool, we only have a standard white. They consistently 14oz+?

@memphis it looks like a wonderful celebration! Glad the girls for a lot of attention.

We had a less than wonderful 4th today. We decided to go to Delgrosso's park and take the kids. We haven't gone in a few years, even though it's fairly close since it's getting so expensive. We went, had a good time in the waterpark for an hour or two before a severe storm rolled in. We spent over an hour under a roof taking shelter. Lightning struck something and shut down half the waterpark and continuing lightning had rides down for a couple hours too. We still had fun and made the most of it, even making plans to return next year. But when we returned to our car to chill out and relax for to rest of the evening things turned. We let our kids have some snaps to throw on the ground and play. A maintenance man came charging out of a shed screaming at the kids for it and didn't let up when my husband walked over to talk to him. He was extremely unprofessional and rude. We left and won't be going back. It stinks because we love that place and the new waterpark is great but seriously?

Back
Top Bottom