A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

So very sorry for your loss, but you can take comfort in the fact that you tried hard and learned from the experience... And sometimes you have to forgive the new mama's too, as they have to learn... My plan for next year is to start the eggs under hens with a few hen eggs and when it comes time for the hen eggs to hatch, place the turkey eggs in the incubator and finish the hatch there. When the poults reach 2 weeks and if you have a broody turkey, you may be able to place them at that time with an accepting hen to make a turkey family. Again, so sorry for your loss. I understand so well what it is like, went through this with some of my chickens...:hugs

Why ... on the hottest day of the year...Annie decided she needs some lap time is beyond me. She very rarely hops in my lap. Maybe because it's usually occupied by Daisy. I was sitting in front of a fan....but shes heavy & hot. She fell asleep...again something she doesn't usually do. Silly birds!
20180706_101424.jpg

Good luck @yoopergirl1211! I hope the little one pulls through!

Speaking of babies, I have some hatching right now. 4 so far with 4 more eggs in the hatcher (3 of which are pipped). There's a swap tomorrow morning. I asked my boss to schedule me in the evening so that I could manage to go and unload. They have chickens and ducks too so they know the struggles lol. So far, I have 5 started pullets, 11 chocolate orpingtons, a bunch of Seramas, a few silkie chicks, a couple Marans roos, a crele orpington roo, and 10 (so far) turkey poults to take. Plus the 15 or so chicks that I hatched for a friend. I'm going to have a loaded car in the morning. Wish me luck!

My 3 are still being co-broody so I’m seeing if they hatch anything... I’ve never had birds try to actually hatch anything this long so figure will give them the chance! My turkey wait list has gone down and they weren’t laying as many eggs with the heat soooo fingers crossed they are successful.

We’re getting our Mastiff pup in under 3 weeks! Goodbye sleep and hello feed bills! Ha!

The little guy is still doing okay. I'm just shocked. Will he be okay alone. I have over 100 week old chicks I could put one in but if it sees the hole in its belly it probably wont end well.

Back
Top Bottom