A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Been 90+ here for a while and she’s still brooding her 12. My others haven’t been laying at all and are starting a molt.

But 21 of my 24 incubator eggs look like they’re developing fine so fingers crossed for a good hatch one way or another!

I don’t remember what day she went broody so I’ll give her another week to two before have to steal them away... maybe have some incubator poults to throw under her if hers are baked eggs.

My silly lil rp hen is bein broody again. She sits on the nest unless i go shoo her away. She isnt fluffin up at me yet but i am waitin. I am so tempted to let her be a mama and give her two chicken eggs. She missed out on sittin turk eggs but got to play a mama to the poults... guess that wasnt enough for her. The other two started layin again for me but not her. At most she has three eggs in there of a day to keep warm so i think two chicken eggs would work. But i really dont need anymore chickens this year.

Sister is on her way out i think. :/. We knew she wouldnt live long since she is a bb. She has been limpin a few days and yesterday she wouldnt go down the hill to go grazin at all. Then last niht she was a big ole turtle sittin in her spot by the pool. She did go to bed with encouragement but was not at all happy bout it... she always goes to bed. If she isnt any better today i will tell paul he needs do the deed cause i dont want her sufferin.

Out of the poults we have three for sure gobblin toms. One is a bbband rp, one a bronze rp and one rp. The bronze rp sure is a pretty thing. He is all pencilly and more bronze leanin.

My silly lil rp hen is bein broody again. She sits on the nest unless i go shoo her away. She isnt fluffin up at me yet but i am waitin. I am so tempted to let her be a mama and give her two chicken eggs. She missed out on sittin turk eggs but got to play a mama to the poults... guess that wasnt enough for her. The other two started layin again for me but not her. At most she has three eggs in there of a day to keep warm so i think two chicken eggs would work. But i really dont need anymore chickens this year.

Sister is on her way out i think. :/. We knew she wouldnt live long since she is a bb. She has been limpin a few days and yesterday she wouldnt go down the hill to go grazin at all. Then last niht she was a big ole turtle sittin in her spot by the pool. She did go to bed with encouragement but was not at all happy bout it... she always goes to bed. If she isnt any better today i will tell paul he needs do the deed cause i dont want her sufferin.

Out of the poults we have three for sure gobblin toms. One is a bbband rp, one a bronze rp and one rp. The bronze rp sure is a pretty thing. He is all pencilly and more bronze leanin.
Those bb are heartbreakers, so sweet but don't last long.. Hope you get some hens from her to increase your size... or if you keep the bbb/rp he passes it on...

Those bb are heartbreakers, so sweet but don't last long.. Hope you get some hens from her to increase your size... or if you keep the bbb/rp he passes it on...

We will have see on this lil tom.... he is bossy and pushy right now. But he does stay away from us. So that is good. :). He is the size of our heritage hens now. So i kinda fret over him not stayin a long time like a heritage tom would. And boy howdy i am tired of findin toms lol! But in reality... the first tom we knew wouldnt live a long life but we couldnt leave him where he was. As it was he grew to be not afraid, loved him some watermelon and was a good guy. The rp was just a jerkface so he had leave. When we got the two bb hens we were new and didnt realize that is what they were cause they were a year old and layin. But sister has had a good spoiled life here so it will be ok. And she will give us wonderful turkey breaky sausage for the freezer.

Yesterday a white poult looked unwell, almost 7 wks old. ,, Dead under the roost this morning
:rant:hit
So down to five white (calico?) and eight brown (nari/ bronze?) poults.... Glad I didn't get close to these poults... I would be devastated if they were pets. I have been looking at them as food and that I have more than I need
I see why they say poults are hard to raise.
I guess what makes it to 10 wks should be hearty.
I don't think I will be selling any extra jennies in case I have some disease that might be spread.

they act cold or not well.. fluffed up, hunched over, lethargic ( just sitting around in the sun and/or by themselves) ... normal poop, eating and drinking. .. I put nutri drench in the water when I see this.. may just keep it in until they are 10 wks...need to buy stock in whatever company makes this.. I have 10 waters out that are changed daily, that turkeys can drink from ..

opened her up and everything looks normal, not sure what is going on...
I have had 4 that died with the same symptoms , but one (at almost 8wks) stayed out during a thunderstorm, over 4th of july night.

Yesterday a white poult looked unwell, almost 7 wks old. ,, Dead under the roost this morning
:rant:hit
So down to five white (calico?) and eight brown (nari/ bronze?) poults.... Glad I didn't get close to these poults... I would be devastated if they were pets. I have been looking at them as food and that I have more than I need
I see why they say poults are hard to raise.
I guess what makes it to 10 wks should be hearty.
I don't think I will be selling any extra jennies in case I have some disease that might be spread.

they act cold or not well.. fluffed up, hunched over, lethargic ( just sitting around in the sun and/or by themselves) ... normal poop, eating and drinking. .. I put nutri drench in the water when I see this.. may just keep it in until they are 10 wks...need to buy stock in whatever company makes this.. I have 10 waters out that are changed daily, that turkeys can drink from ..

opened her up and everything looks normal, not sure what is going on...
I have had 4 that died with the same symptoms , but one (at almost 8wks) stayed out during a thunderstorm, over 4th of july night.

I'm so sorry to hear this :(. If they're looking tired and droopy, I would treat them for cocci asap. Use corid in their water daily and make sure that it's the only water source available for at least 5 days.

I'm so sorry to hear this :(. If they're looking tired and droopy, I would treat them for cocci asap. Use corid in their water daily and make sure that it's the only water source available for at least 5 days.
I should have mentioned after the first one, I had 1 and 1/2 tsp corid in the water for 7 days and another one died at 7 days .. Guess I'll start it again
upload_2018-7-19_12-24-28.png

Power outage today because someone ran into a power pole and there was arcing lines that started a brush fire... At least wasn’t super hot and they got the fire out but have my incubator going. Had a battery backup I was able to hook it to the incubator so only went off for 20 minutes.

Anyone remember when my hen went broody? :lol: Trying to decide when to give her the boot or let her keep trying. There’s some newer eggs she stole from others though soooo don’t even know how old her eggs are lol.

Back
Top Bottom