A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

This is my Lyla lapper. She is just too sweet! I love this little freak, she is spoiled rotten. She is going to make me some pencilled blue fallfires next year!
39208470_337818173656162_8883076864550109184_n.jpg

So looks like my incubator is in the 98-100.4 range. I added three different thermometers in varying spots to check for hot/cold spots. Could explain the poor hatches but it’s the best I’ve got. At least not getting readings of 102+! This freakish heat wave can stop anytime though... and now the horrible forest fire smoke settling in the area.

Fingers crossed for at least a semi successful hatch. Their laying has all but died off though!

Yeah we finally got rain! First good rain in like a year, smoke is cleared out of the air. First time we have had clean air all summer..... oh wait today is the first day of school so summer is over..
I have a big trip in September so I am not adding anything else to the bator.... the plan is to not have anything too exciting for the kids to deal with while I am gone. So shipped eggs due Sunday and next Thursday aug 30th and broody sitting on turkey eggs also due around Aug 30th and 2 turkey eggs due September 7th. Then I am done for a while. Stilts is the only turkey laying and I am not sure her eggs are fertile right now, I had found the tom a new home and the young one had not figured out the mating thing..... so looks like a slow fall

Back
Top Bottom