A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Question: any good way to introduce two new hens into a group of hens/one tom? After a quarantine period, I do plan on housing them in a separate tractor pen nearby but how easy are they to add new flock members?
Use the standard introduction of being separated by a wire fence so any aggression can be taken out on the wire until the flock is familiar with the new members. Once the attacks at the wire stop you can then let them in with the flock. Even then there will be pecking order squabbles. The more you interfere with the squabbles the longer it will take for the squabbles to end.

Use the standard introduction of being separated by a wire fence so any aggression can be taken out on the wire until the flock is familiar with the new members. Once the attacks at the wire stop you can then let them in with the flock. Even then there will be pecking order squabbles. The more you interfere with the squabbles the longer it will take for the squabbles to end.

I assumed as much. I have an area of the coop inside I can wire off (about the size of 2 large dog crates) which is what I figured I’d do. Cage inside a cage method is how I integrated my two chicken flocks.

The turk boys are at it this mornin. The two lowest in peckin order needed settle who was lowest man i guess. It is funny how the two higher boys dont get in the fight. But just circle like ballooned sharks eggin the two on. Boys are so goofy!
When were they hatched again?
My oldest hatched 5/9 and I haven't seen them fight.. they do chase the younger ones though.
I heard something crashing up a black walnut tree and leaves were flying.. thinking it was a coon or something, I walked over and found the 4 oldest poults about 30 ft up... Hope they don't think to sleep up there cause I'll never get them down... unless mealworms keep working,, This is the tree I found a mink head under and lots of owl pellets last year. Haven't seen any this year though...YET

153487195964320479331.jpg
here is Ablyn half-heartedly fanning for me. Even partly molting he's pretty!

When were they hatched again?
My oldest hatched 5/9 and I haven't seen them fight.. they do chase the younger ones though.
I heard something crashing up a black walnut tree and leaves were flying.. thinking it was a coon or something, I walked over and found the 4 oldest poults about 30 ft up... Hope they don't think to sleep up there cause I'll never get them down... unless mealworms keep working,, This is the tree I found a mink head under and lots of owl pellets last year. Haven't seen any this year though...YET

April maybe? These clowns been at it for a few months.

Back
Top Bottom