A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I am moving cages and pens again... I was disassembling the outdoor dog cages and moving them inside. I had to take the netting off the top of the cages.

I have had a feathered supervisor all morning. She sits on the roof of the bird hutches in the cage next to where I am working and watches me intently to make sure I am doing it right...

Turkeys are just weird!

Someone has been digging around the best box the last days. Someone is getting ready to lay again already!

I am still gettin eggs from one of our ladies! I get one every other day. Sister was still layin til she blew all her feathers. She is finally gettin fluff back now thank goodness! She was the miserable turtle for what seemed forever but i am sure it was only a few weeks. Poor girl.

I am moving cages and pens again... I was disassembling the outdoor dog cages and moving them inside. I had to take the netting off the top of the cages.

I have had a feathered supervisor all morning. She sits on the roof of the bird hutches in the cage next to where I am working and watches me intently to make sure I am doing it right...

Turkeys are just weird!

She is waitin for you to drop a nibble of somethin good for her that she wont have share with anyone. Since she is bein such a good watch turk for you makin sure you do it right.

First off.... HAPPY THANKSGIVIN EVERYONE! May your days be full of love, laughter and family!

Now the juicy part. The toms that we processed sunday were #21 and #25. I am pretty positive they were sister who is a bb bronze and then the rp tom (only tom we had at the time). They grew so nicely and were very proportionate instead of more breast meat. We were happy with that. Just didnt expect to get this large of birds but should have known they would be a tad bigger since they did have the bb in them. I had a hard time fittin one in a shrink bag and then had truss this one up to get him in my roastin pan lol!

So i put our bird in at eleven tonight usin @rjohns39 recipe. We had talked and both thought bout thirty min to the pound was bout right usin his temp..... ugh! This foolish bird is readin done at four and half hours. So now i am gonna have warm him back up come lunchtime i do believe. I am gonna check again in a minute to make absolute sure but i was SO not expectin him to be done til mid mornin. He sure is beautiful in the pan though. :). But the extra warmin time later will allow me to brown his breasts so it is ok. I cook mine breast down so the juices go into the breasts and have never had a dry bird. :). I would be afraid if i. Did breast up i would neglet to baste them amd have dry meats. That would be no buenos.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! It's going to be a cold one here today but it will full of turkey and food!

IMG_20181116_093448.jpg

Happy Turkey day!...
I will be turkeyless today.. The Reigning WWN has to work today. It will be my last major holiday where I can run around the house without pants on.....As she will be retiring before she has to work another major holiday...

I am hoping I will survive the stress of having her around on the holidays....

Back
Top Bottom