A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Thanks R2elk.

Aurora...just thinking I may be the perfect home for retired hens!

Anyone butchering turkey for Christmas? Or Toads? Traditionally we have goose. Hard to find a goose these days. Told my sister to out to the golf course with a 9 iron. But my German grandma handed down her recipe. Nice thing is it's not swimming in fat like some cooked geese. I like it. Also make red cabbage with apples. So Christmas gets a bit German with my family. Guess Christmas is the time, if any, to pull out those old family receipes. At least they never lit candles on the tree.

I realized this afternoon that in the time since I acquired my trio of Narries, I've had to worm my chickens twice and treat them for cocci once, yet somehow the turkeys seem impervious to everything. Are turks just that much hardier than chooks, or are we getting lucky?

I realized this afternoon that in the time since I acquired my trio of Narries, I've had to worm my chickens twice and treat them for cocci once, yet somehow the turkeys seem impervious to everything. Are turks just that much hardier than chooks, or are we getting lucky?
Once turkey are older than 8-10 wks, they are very hardy.

Love sauerkraut! Can't eat a sausage without it!!

Been rainy again. Tired of wet birds & dogs. Dont think the birds mind much. My hound takes one look outside & goes back to bed. Lazy hound!!

Everyone ready for Christmas? Who is hosting? I'm so lucky....being out of town from my family I just show up & enjoy. My sister loves to entertain. That's a good thing!!

Who is butchering a turkey?

Back
Top Bottom