A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I Just got done venting to my own mom for the past hour. DH texted her earlier today and told her that I needed to vent so she called me. She agrees that the whole situation is a pain. She kept stressing to me to not be mean to her but not to be overly nice either. I tend to have issues with putting the foot down and setting boundaries. I've never been good with that and have been walked all over most of my life. She helped me come up with some ideas though. I'll be looking in to some semi local low income housing For her. Also, DH is going to have to let her know that she has to have some sort of plan for when she gets up here. A plan to find work and get back on her feet because none of us can afford to just add her expenses to ours. She may not like hearing that but that's the way it's going to have to be. Mom also said that we need to make a clear limit of time that she can be here, like 2 months Max, not 6 or 12 etc.
Company like dead fish start to turn bad in 3 days,,

Your mom is right. You & your husband need to sit down & decide on the "rules". And she's his mom. Maybe he's the one who explains it all to her. Just don't compromise your family.

I still think brooding turkeys in her room would be the biggest deterant! I'm not being funny....I'm sort of serious!

Molpet I agree. It's tough on caregivers. Been there.
Yes it is hard
And I always knew I would be the caregiver... I thought I was mentally prepared. :gigI can't imagine out of the blue having that bombshell. Especially with a family, space issues and $$
For me it was a life long expectation and there was no way she was going into a home like my brother wanted.
She wasn't that disabled until the last week or so..I had lots of sick and vacation time I could use so I was able to be there for her.
Even before my dad got Ill , I used to tell myself these are the good old days and enjoy them. I have to say that I am again living the good old days:wee

I was marking the trees I want to tap this spring... I had way too many inspectors:
7E834973-8BBC-4EB1-9A86-466C4F9C8CB7.jpeg

Attachments

• F8D414C3-9174-436E-A66D-43D062460160.jpeg
    F8D414C3-9174-436E-A66D-43D062460160.jpeg
    812.8 KB · Views: 6
I was marking the trees I want to tap this spring... I had way too many inspectors:View attachment 1620243

Are you doing Maple syrup? We did that in 2017 for the first time. We just finally ran out of it about 2 months ago. It was a really neat experience but we went through a LOT of wood cooking it down. When we have a more efficient way of doing it, we will do it again. It was awesome having our own maple syrup!

Back
Top Bottom