A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

In my area everyone thinks poultry should be $1 a dozen..... tried selling some pol hens at $15 a piece early last summer...... you guessed it I kept getting offers for $5 each. I was hoping to have better luck with started turkeys, and I may a little later. Oh well I do it kuz I love em

@R2elk! Someone localish had a sg for sale recently..... made me think of your handsome tom. But they wanted $200 for him and he was kinda ratty lookin to boot. Ahhh. Newp cannot do. As much as i am needin a tom not for that.
Well the ratty lookin will change with good feed, clean quarters and a molt but to me $200 is being greedy.

I have extra toms!! Just sayin...........
So do I and my extras are Sweetgrass with a hidden Narragansett gene. Mate one with your Royal Palm hens and you can get both Royal Palm and Sweetgrass poults. Any Royal Palms will be pure Royal Palm and any Sweetgrass hens will be pure Sweetgrass. Any Sweetgrass toms will carry a hidden Narragansett gene.

I have extra toms!! Just sayin...........

And if i lived closer to you or @R2elk or heck any of you all! i would be hittin you up! I am kinda pissed bout the toms.... we put one in the auction at the chirch fall festival which was fine. Preacher got one we thought for his family. But nope. We had already butchered and he starts this whole if you know someone who needs a thanksgivin or christmas turk give it to them. So now i have a #22lb tom in my freezer takin up space that could be out in the pen with my girls and not needin be findin a tom for spring. Pissed is a word that comes to mind and be nice.

Well the ratty lookin will change with good feed, clean quarters and a molt but to me $200 is being greedy.

Very true and i thought the same. Other than bein ratty he looked good. I might have paid one benjamin for him cause sg are hardly ever seen here and i have a rp and a sg hen here. So i woulda got more sg. Or i think i have read right amd would have. They wouldnt budge on his price though.

Very true and i thought the same. Other than bein ratty he looked good. I might have paid one benjamin for him cause sg are hardly ever seen here and i have a rp and a sg hen here. So i woulda got more sg. Or i think i have read right and would have. They wouldn't budge on his price though.
Crossing a Sweetgrass tom with a Royal Palm hen will produce all Sweetgrass offspring. The hens will be pure Sweetgrass but the toms will be carrying a hidden Narragansett gene. Sweetgrass x Sweetgrass = Sweetgrass since they breed true as long as they are not carrying any hidden recessive color genes.

Back
Top Bottom