A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

You know sfgwife...not living close to Ralphie, Aurora or R2elk is best for me! I'd too tempted with all their gorgeous birds.

Here is the Turkey pin my sister got me! I'm thrilled with my first piece of Turkey jewelry!!

Whoops...forget the pic...
20181228_122322.jpg

Hey everyone, got a question in regards to my 2 and a half year old Black Spanish Hen (Yolkie)
We recently spotted this purple/grey/black bruise looking spot in her neck.
I say all those colors cuz it depends on what color her neck is lol.

She lives indoor, she is alone since hatched. Never seen another Turkey.
She has free roam of the house, no dogs no cats.

She has been sick before and got that taken care of. (Parasites in her droppings)
She hasn't laid eggs since last year December.
Not sure why.
But my question is about the spot on her neck. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20181228_212810.jpg
    20181228_212810.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 8
Hey everyone, got a question in regards to my 2 and a half year old Black Spanish Hen (Yolkie)

She has been sick before and got that taken care of. (Parasites in her droppings)
Not sure why.
I would guess that it is nothing more than a bruise.

So excited... it’s not a turkey thing but still... my Chicken hens are nearly 20 weeks. I was out fixing the coop door (from HELL) and squatted down to commune with them for a few minutes. For the most part they’re not into petting and cuddles, but they will jump up on my knees to try and eat my hair. One of the Black australorp girls came close so I tried a quick pet on the back. She squatted down with her fluffy little backside in the air. I’m no expert, but I think that has some big-girl connotations when a hen does that. Maybe eggs soon? My little pullets are growing up.

Not sure why.

I would guess that it is nothing more than a bruise.

x2, I'm sure she'll be just fine :)

So excited... it’s not a turkey thing but still... my Chicken hens are nearly 20 weeks. I was out fixing the coop door (from HELL) and squatted down to commune with them for a few minutes. For the most part they’re not into petting and cuddles, but they will jump up on my knees to try and eat my hair. One of the Black australorp girls came close so I tried a quick pet on the back. She squatted down with her fluffy little backside in the air. I’m no expert, but I think that has some big-girl connotations when a hen does that. Maybe eggs soon? My little pullets are growing up.

Oh yes, definitely eggs soon!

Speaking of eggs, I may be getting in way over my head....My cabinet bator is half full already and I only have two chicken types separated, quail, and the turkey eggs going in so far :oops: The quail trays are even double stacked...I'm not setting any more of them lol. Starting Tuesday, I should have quail and chicks popping out everywhere and the Friday after, poults and chicks! It's too early to be hatching all these :oops:

Oh my goodness! You ARE hooked, girl! :pop I’m looking at the cabinet ones on Amazon and thinking whether I couldn’t build that myself... and I haven’t even got a rooster.

I did order more chickens, including boy ones, and of course the turkeys are straight run... I think there’s probably an incubator in the future somewhere...

Back
Top Bottom