A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I have a hen you could have too, but getting it to you would be a problem.

I have figured out the white legbar rooster and the hen it chases hate each other.

They do not chase any other birds. The hen is the one I saw roosting next to it pulling his feathers off his head....

The hen is now tailless, it appears the rooster managed to get the last feather yesterday..

The rooster no long roosts...He crawls into one of the boxes I I have for transporting show birds. I guess he feels safe when she can't reach him.

If you had that hen and the rooster, you could entertain the neighborhood with their antics all day long.

These three clowns! I thought all their eggs were bad but guess i candled too soon cause only a few were not fertile and growin. Their eggs are full of wiggly poults now. So i expect to be hearin the ladies talk within the week. The bronze.. road runner... just wants to sit and not be a maman. Or at least that is how she was last year. The rp is the one last year that was a terror wantin babies but didnt get any. So we will see how she does. The greyish lady (in the front) is a yearling so i dunno how she will do either.

The snake is still bein a great mama. She has decided to move their sleepin spot to the more open stall. The poults have decided to roost up in the rafters with their noggins out of the barn this week. All but two. So in the mornins there are five turk kids walkin round hollarin cause mama is not out yet. Lol. Goobers!

And it is HOT here!

445B2B82-9216-4FE2-865C-A649BD42C132.jpeg
3DCC33A1-A845-44B2-BEDA-788BED86F251.jpeg

Bad news. Got a call from my turkey sitter. Annie was found dead. No sign of trauma. Just in the yard dead. I'm still in Missouri so have had no opportunity to try & figure out what happened. Heading home this morning.
Sorry to hear this @memphis.

I have several hens still if you decide you need another and get up to st. Genevive.

Bad news. Got a call from my turkey sitter. Annie was found dead. No sign of trauma. Just in the yard dead. I'm still in Missouri so have had no opportunity to try & figure out what happened. Heading home this morning.
I'm very sorry for your lost, Memphis. If it helps, Billings has a big(ish) airport, if you want to fly in and fly home with poults.

Annabelle has recovered and is eating now. She's squatting to breed but she is separated right now from the toms to limit breeding stress. I guess she'll still lay eggs apparently, so I'll need to keep an eye on her. Annabelle is also a burbon red. She has lost a bit of weight, but now her body condition feels just right.

Hey Everyone. Thank you for your comments and support. Although I am still a tad upset over all the losses. at least I now know I wasn't alone with this bad hatch. Sounds like maybe it was something in "the air" so to speak. I checked my temps and humidity constantly and they were where they should have been. So, I have no idea other than what everyone said here. It does help.

Back
Top Bottom