A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

IMG_20190530_201715480.jpg
IMG_20190530_201725760.jpg

Turkey diapers are a thing, perhaps Aurora has a pattern for chicken diapers she can modify.

I haven't started making diapers yet for anything but I need to start. There seems to be quite a demand for them. I can't make anything for a while though. My sewing machine needs a tune-up and I can't use it until that's done. It keeps snapping needles :/

Bad news. Got a call from my turkey sitter. Annie was found dead. No sign of trauma. Just in the yard dead. I'm still in Missouri so have had no opportunity to try & figure out what happened. Heading home this morning.
Oh no, Memphis!! I am SO sorry. :hitThat’s the problem with our beloved pets—they just don’t live long enough. :hugs

I haven't started making diapers yet for anything but I need to start. There seems to be quite a demand for them. I can't make anything for a while though. My sewing machine needs a tune-up and I can't use it until that's done. It keeps snapping needles :/
I hate it when they do that... SO frustrating. I clean out the lint (some of it has to be hunted for and dug out with the seam ripper) put oil in all the holes I can find, wrestle with the tension (and footplate of course). You most likely have done all that, but in case...

Rosabelle looks like a very content momma! Babies are adorable! Now go enter that photo in the Broody contest!!
No....dont need a house bird. Love my Daisy, but can't do that. Coonhound + house turkey would not mix.
Poor little Daisy is depressed. News has spread throughout the neighborhood about Annie. Neighbors stopped by to console Daisy. I got a quick "So sorry".... Daisy got hugs & pets and treats. Blueberries, strawberries and one of those small personal watermelons. I'm sure it's not just a southern thing that people show up with food after a death in the family. But really? For my turkey? No one brought me chocolate. I ate half of her watermelon!

Have you tried movin the foot plate just a smidge?

Yup, multiple times. I think there's something going on with the feed dogs and timing. That poor machine was my mom's when I was a kid and she only used it once and a while. I've put that thing through the wringer the past year or two lol

I hate it when they do that... SO frustrating. I clean out the lint (some of it has to be hunted for and dug out with the seam ripper) put oil in all the holes I can find, wrestle with the tension (and footplate of course). You most likely have done all that, but in case...

I have. I've even taken half of it apart to get to the inner parts to clean, blow, and oil. I've seiches to heavy duty needles and lightweight needles. Nothing helps.

Rosabelle looks like a very content momma! Babies are adorable! Now go enter that photo in the Broody contest!!
No....dont need a house bird. Love my Daisy, but can't do that. Coonhound + house turkey would not mix.
Poor little Daisy is depressed. News has spread throughout the neighborhood about Annie. Neighbors stopped by to console Daisy. I got a quick "So sorry".... Daisy got hugs & pets and treats. Blueberries, strawberries and one of those small personal watermelons. I'm sure it's not just a southern thing that people show up with food after a death in the family. But really? For my turkey? No one brought me chocolate. I ate half of her watermelon!

I'm sure she didn't mind sharing her watermelon with you. I bet your whole neighborhood is mourning with you right now. I still wish you were closer. My last turkey hatch of the season is going on right now. The first baby out.....a mottled black ...

R2elk....thanks! You too Aurora. All y'all. I may have a lead close to Memphis. If it doesn't pan out today....I'm going to get two bronze poults here. Daisy can momma them. She sure momma'd those SS.

Yeah....the neighbors are stunned. Funny that they ask me what happened then ask how Daisy is doing.

Back
Top Bottom