A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

She’s gorgeous! I love their little chortles, too. My Sweetgrass (courtesy of R2elk) are similar to yours, with a few more colors thrown in. They’re bigger now, but this is some of them 3-4 weeks ago:

View attachment 1978163
Oh my gosh such pretty girls!!! Belle is 6 months now- hatched in May. So funny it reminds me of the computer water drop noise I love it. Wilson also did a drum when she was around and that was pretty cool to hear.

I need to post some sweetgrass pics too. I've decided to name them after types of grass..... June, she loves to come behind you and pick at any loose articles or steal things from your hands, Beauty, she's rather shy and demure, and Pampas, the jake. He mobs with the other Jake's for now, but I've got 3 more Jake's ready to be butchered soon!

So. Maybe if i actually type this my hen will stop layin for winter? Yes! I have a turk hen that is still giving me an egg every second or third day...but mostly every second. and it is mid dec peoples. Weird bird! There is no extra lightin up the hill and it is dark by 5pm now.

Also. On the oct hatch... we sold ten poults. Kept two. One went diving and the one leftover.... a cute lil jenny yay!

Do you mean the one sticking her head up, looking toward the right? What is it about her that makes you say that, so I’ll know what to look for?
She is the only hen with her tail feathers showing and she is looking to the right. My opinion is simply based on how good her colors are especially that of her tail feathers.

She is the only hen with her tail feathers showing and she is looking to the right. My opinion is simply based on how good her colors are especially that of her tail feathers.
She does have pretty tail feathers, doesn’t she? I hadn’t looked at that photo as closely as you did. She’s like a princess in a long ball gown. :love

Back
Top Bottom