A Few Suggestions For The Website...

DiamondSwan

Free Ranging
6 Years
Sep 18, 2015
Tracto-chick-oholic
First of all, I just want say that I absolutely love the new BYC!! :woot It is so much easier and convenient to use! Thank you to all who worked so hard to update BYC!! :clap

I just have a few suggestions that members might appreciate. :)

Adds: Some adds that show up are "innapropriate" or possibly leading minors to "somewhere they shouldn't be" (such as dating sites etc). So I think that the adds should either be chicken/farm related or kid friendly at least.

Green corner tab for profiles: I love that you can see when a member is online if you're in a thread, but it would also be convieint to have the green tab on our profiles. It would make it so easy to just check your followers and see who's online.

Flooded alerts: A lot of times I have logged on to BYC and found that I have over a hundred alerts and have lost several posts in the flood... I think there should be some way to distinguish 'likes' from comments a little bit better.

More private PMs: I think that if a person private messages certain members, they shouldn't be able to add other members to the conversation. Some people might trust a particular person with personal information (such as addresses and phone numbers), but they might not want others to know.

If anyone has any other suggestions, feel free to comment! ;)

~DiamondSwan

Adds: Some adds that show up are "innapropriate" or possibly leading minors to "somewhere they shouldn't be" (such as dating sites etc). So I think that the adds should either be chicken/farm related or kid friendly at least.

Interesting...
My adds seem to focus on my viewing habits, most recently on pet products, magic jack, and AT&T promotion...:idunno

I have never seen anything inappropriate, but I will be more attentive.

First of all, I just want say that I absolutely love the new BYC!! :woot It is so much easier and convenient to use! Thank you to all who worked so hard to update BYC!! :clap

I just have a few suggestions that members might appreciate. :)

Green corner tab for profiles: I love that you can see when a member is online if you're in a thread, but it would also be convieint to have the green tab on our profiles. It would make it so easy to just check your followers and see who's online.

Flooded alerts: A lot of times I have logged on to BYC and found that I have over a hundred alerts and have lost several posts in the flood... I think there should be some way to distinguish 'likes' from comments a little bit better.

More private PMs: I think that if a person private messages certain members, they shouldn't be able to add other members to the conversation. Some people might trust a particular person with personal information (such as addresses and phone numbers), but they might not want others to know.

If anyone has any other suggestions, feel free to comment! ;)

~DiamondSwan
Have you summarized your alerts at all? Click on alert preferences and scroll down to the bottom.

As for the PM's all you have to do if you started the conversation is not to select that option.

Interesting...
My adds seem to focus on my viewing habits, most recently on pet products, magic jack, and AT&T promotion...:idunno

I have never seen anything inappropriate, but I will be more attentive.
yeah i was under the impression that they used cookies to find what you have been looking at and then advertised accordingly.. my adds are mostly for hatcheries and growing supplies... though i have been getting a lot of adds from a company with fancy Iberico hams and stuff but i'm vegan and i dont remember searching for ham lol

I would just turn of my alerts for likes

Members can't invite other members into conversations you start, unless you allow it:
convo2.PNG

Thank you SO MUCH for the nice comments about our wonderful community and for the great discussion and ideas!

Adds: Some adds that show up are "innapropriate"
Please see our FAQ's item here: How Can I Turn Off Advertising / Advertisements On The Site? I saw some inappropriate ads, what should I do?

Green corner tab for profiles:
We'll add this to our list of suggestions!

Flooded alerts:
Please see how to change your alert settings here:
How to receive ALERTS or stop receiving alerts

More private PMs:
As mentioned above, this should be an option already. Also keep in mind that someone that wants to add another person to a conversation could just as easily copy/past the whole conversation to someone else, so the difference between adding someone and showing them everything you said, is relatively negligible.

I don't see any ads. I use Adblock Plus.
Running BYC is very expensive. We'd really hope that people that use our services for FREE would be willing to either view ads or purchase / win / earn a Premium Feather Membership (PFM) which turns ads off for $0.16 a day. Many website owners feel like adblocking is akin to stealing, and most feel like it's at least unethical.

yeah i was under the impression that they used cookies to find what you have been looking at and then advertised accordingly.. my adds are mostly for hatcheries and growing supplies... though i have been getting a lot of adds from a company with fancy Iberico hams and stuff but i'm vegan and i dont remember searching for ham lol

I would just turn of my alerts for likes
Well, I am definitely NOT searching or looking at what has been showing up lol. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom