a Jake or a Jenny?

yeah, definitely growing a snood, but i thought Jenny's grew little snoods?.... i haven't really seen him display yet, so i was thinking Jenny, but then i look at his snood and it keeps growing - it's maybe 1/2 inch now - and he has little spur nubs, and he carries his wings pretty low...

Jake would be good - i won't have to change his name to Tysonina LOL

Thanks for posting this thread. My BBB is just a week younger than yours and they're identical. Hasn't actually gobbled but made a sound yesterday that was very close and funny. I think he scared himself.
lau.gif

no gobble here yet either. he does some turkey-ish yelps sometimes, and sometimes some purrs, but no gobble yet, and doesn't really make his tripple-chirps any more either. We took him to the kid's school on Friday of last week - HUGE success!!!

no gobble here yet either. he does some turkey-ish yelps sometimes, and sometimes some purrs, but no gobble yet, and doesn't really make his tripple-chirps any more either. We took him to the kid's school on Friday of last week - HUGE success!!!
My 9 week old BBB just gobbled for the first time this morning! I thought it was kind of early for that.I can tell the difference between my Jakes and "jenny's" by their necks. The Jakes have more caruncles on their lower neck and their necks and heads are more orangish when excited. also, their snoods are definitely longer. They just started strutting a few days ago. I have 2 "jenny's" and 3 Jake's as far as I can tell.

When i came home from work yesterday, my daughter was extatic - She finally saw the turkey displaying! the said it was amazing! soooo - definitely a Jake.

I don't know if I can say that's a tom. My tom start to develop their caruncles at about 6 to 7 weeks. At six weeks a toms long tailfeathers start to come in and get coloring. I have 4 7 week old toms right now that all have way different necks than yours do. I have seen hens try to display feathers just the same. Let me go get some pics so you can see.I feel its a hen personally. You will see why with pics

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom