This one wasn’t loud until he was caged. The house was his cage in winter, and he came into the garage to roost most nights in summer

OP, you have an eclectus? Im jealous! Can you post pictures? I would love an eclectus but my hubby would kill me! I have a cockatiel, wonderful bird who can talk and sing. Have fun with your macaw when you get it!
He’s still just a baby (four months, not yet weaned because he’s a brat), so he’s a bit awkward looking. But his name is Asrael!

Attachments

• FD5ED5BD-8405-482A-897A-BFD549EBDD05.jpeg
    FD5ED5BD-8405-482A-897A-BFD549EBDD05.jpeg
    367.6 KB · Views: 8
  • DFE5EED7-BF34-4242-8521-E86ADE31DFB7.jpeg
    DFE5EED7-BF34-4242-8521-E86ADE31DFB7.jpeg
    337.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 6FEE23AF-038C-4FFE-91F4-ABEC99E6FAC3.jpeg
    6FEE23AF-038C-4FFE-91F4-ABEC99E6FAC3.jpeg
    384.8 KB · Views: 11
I love him! He's beautiful! I've always wanted a female. I love how the males are green and the females are red. Scientists thought for years that they were different species because of the difference in their coloring. But you said you don't like birds that scream. Macaws can scream if they get bored. Just spend lots of time with him/her so they don't get bored.

My pigeons are always angry hens who marry me and hate everybirdie else (Including other pigeons/doves). Even my friends, who Adelaide is happy to land on, will swipe if my friend tries to pet her or put his actual hand near her. I don’t train them to be this way...! It’s cute when they’re protective, though. Apparently my ekkie bites folks he doesn’t like already...
He bluffs, but he can really bite for such a small bird, his name is scout, he's a white face.
He has his day when he is friendly with my sis, but most of the time he will go mad when others are around his cage, MAD.

He bluffs, but he can really bite for such a small bird, his name is scout, he's a white face.
He has his day when he is friendly with my sis, but most of the time he will go mad when others are around his cage, MAD.
Ah, so territorial? My dove Drury goes in and out of that. Sometimes I can't tell if he's flirting or fighting me... pigeons tend to be fairly ambiguous with that.

I love him! He's beautiful! I've always wanted a female. I love how the males are green and the females are red. Scientists thought for years that they were different species because of the difference in their coloring. But you said you don't like birds that scream. Macaws can scream if they get bored. Just spend lots of time with him/her so they don't get bored.
Mhmm- I remember thinking that was funny, but not blaming the scientists in the slightest. Parrots are so strange with dimorphism. And yes don't worry, I know. I've been around very upset macaws. I don't mind that they only do it once to call for attention. ...But if I pay attention to him/her while she's quiet (I prefer), they should realize I don't respond to bratty babies!

How exciting!
I always thought it would be fun to get a macaw when my kids grow up. I love birds. My daughter has a green cheek that is so sweet. My husband got him from a pet store out east. He was not tame at all, but my daughter is very patient. It only took a day or two before she won him over. Lol

I can’t wait to see pictures of your new baby!

Back
Top Bottom