A Paintball Gun Will Kill A Chipmunk - Warning Pics

I apologize for my earlier post. I did not realize that I was visiting the "Predators and Pests" section of the forum. After a PM from Terrie warning me about my objectivity and informing me of where I was visiting within BYC, I certainly understand how I have overstepped my bounds. I wouldn't have visited that section of the site in particular, I just reacted from the thread on the home page. Therefore, I do apologize for my strong opinions being stated in the "Predators and Pests" section. I feel foolish, but now I know. I will click on the Index from now on and be sure of what section I'm in before adding my two cents. I'm still fairly new here, and hope I can get a second chance with those whom I've offended...by being offended.

I can't believe you shot a chipmunk with a green paintball.

I thought you would have used a purple one.
tongue.png

Purr, Yes I have been hit by a paintball gun at point blank range with
nothing more than a tshirt, jeans, and of course Full face protection.
The welts last weeks. A properly placed shot to the neck can kill a person.
I'm just surprised at the immediate kill.

Bionic Chicken I'm not sure what you said originally as Terry, ever vigilent,
did her job before I saw what you wrote. You have a right to your opinion
and I hope it didn't bother you too much.

I know this post could be taken as a normal PC joke but it wasn't meant to
be. There have been dozens of posts this past year about chipmunks, mice,
and rats and the damage they cause. I just wanted to share this experience
with the forum.

While I have culled birds and euthanized several animals in my life this was
only the second animal I have ever killed with a gun. I wish I didn't have to do it
but we are at the point of infestation and I refuse to use poisons and inhumane
traps.

Thank you Terry for keeping your eye on this thread and thanks to everyone
who responded.

What has this board done to me? Over 400 posts ago i never would have wanted to see a chicken be slaughtered, a sick goopey eyed rooster or a dead chipmunk. Now i can't seem to stay out of the "graphic " threads and they don't bother me all that much....aughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

What have you done to me.....
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Quote:
That's exactly what my wife said. She's just looking for an excuse.
wink.png

PC, our maine coon is pregnant, and she's a great barn cat, we have no problems with mice or anything. You know you want one
wink.png

Oh, and nice shot, but I agree with LCRT, you should of used a purple paintball. I guess there's always next time
tongue.png

Last edited:
oh , ok you mean it was instant? well that's a good thing.

Oh btw I forgot to say it before. Awesome shot . You want to play with me in the next tourney. I could use you for sniper!
When DH were dating (as my daughter would say ) back in the stone age. We used to tape a flashlight to our squirrel guns and take out the rats around his mothers chicken coop.We would sit on the coops roof. AHH good times.

Quote:
That's exactly what my wife said. She's just looking for an excuse.
wink.png

I could bring you one, just let me know, I am already delivering one to Perfectly Polish, so your sortof on the way.

Last edited:
Good shot PC. Good to know that round will kill humanely, but I'm thinking if you took this up as your control method you would have a colourful mess in no time.
gig.gif
Time to get some new air for your BB?

That is one thing I don't have, something I'd discharge inside the barn at the small stuff. The 204 and the .223 have been busy with the coyotes this year so my rodents have gone untouched. The Columbia ground squirrels are now really bad in one area so I have moved the horses to the front pasture and plan on setting up today to harvest a few of them before a horse gets injured turning a leg in their holes.

Back
Top Bottom