How do you flush the toilet?

• With my hand

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • With my foot

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Other (???!!!!)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
We just got back from a LOT of driving. My husband's new name is Mr. Peesalot.
It is funny though, I thought about this thread every time I was in a restroom.
I decided that I would rather use my hands and push the button than let the automatic eye tell me prematurely that I was done and start flushing before I was ready.
Byc has infiltrated my life.

We visited many restrooms. I was surprised how many women did not bother to wash their hands.
There were a few women who did not wash but went straight for the dryer. Ummm....
hmm.png

Maybe I am a germaphobe, but what is wrong with clean hands? What about grease and dirt...
idunno.gif

Last edited:
We visited many restrooms. I was surprised how many women did not bother to wash their hands.
There were a few women who did not wash but went straight for the dryer. Ummm....
hmm.png

Maybe I am a germaphobe, but what is wrong with clean hands? What about grease and dirt...
idunno.gif
Yes, this. It boggles the mind how many women skip the sink on their way out of the restroom. I don't feel right until I was my hands, as if there were an invisible icky coating on them that I'm aware of until I get to wash.

I decided that I would rather use my hands and push the button than let the automatic eye tell me prematurely that I was done and start flushing before I was ready.
Just after those came out I got a call from a friend to pick her up from walmart. She was in the bathroom an her keys fell in the toilet. Instinctively she stood up spun around an reached for them... Flush.....

This is an issue I'm passionate about. I always use my foot (even at home) but the bigger issue is definitely the faucet handles & the door. I'm constantly surprised when I see other people take the time to wash their hands, then get them dirty again by turning off the dirty handles with their clean hands. We are fanatical about using our paper towel to turn the knobs off. If there are no paper towels we grab a seat protector to turn the water off & also to open the door.

As far as automatic toilets go, I love the concept, but will never forget one road trip where I stopped at a rest area bursting to pee. I ran for the stall, put down the paper & as I turned to sit, the thing flushed on me. I quickly grabbed more paper, put it down, turned to sit & it flushed on me again. This happened 4x until I got smart enough to finally grab 2 sheets of paper at the same time & put the second one down as the 1st one (more like 5th one) was flushing itself. I sat quick & was barely off the thing when it flushed itself again. That was years ago, yet to this day I still eye those things suspiciously as I'm laying the paper down.

I never use my hand in a public bathroom. I use my foot to flush grabbing toliet paper i do not use what is hanging off i will throw that and grab clean. I will grab a paper towel to turn on sinks and then wash my hand after i get extra paper towels to dry my hands off then use it to open the door. Lol.

I'm a germaphobe, but I flush with my hand. I hate that you have to touch the sink with your gross hand, then turn it off with your clean hand, so I try to use the paper towel for that as well as opening the door.

Here is my thing though: I don't allow shoes in the house--they're always left in the entry. I always think about where I've walked, and the public restrooms that I've been in (or that my husband has been in--ewww). That said, if these ladies are foot flushing, do they then walk through the house with their shoes on? I mean, gross enough without the extra toilet germs, but...you see my point.

I'm a germaphobe, but I flush with my hand.  I hate that you have to touch the sink with your gross hand, then turn it off with your clean hand, so I try to use the paper towel for that as well as opening the door.

Here is my thing though:  I don't allow shoes in the house--they're always left in the entry.  I always think about where I've walked, and the public restrooms that I've been in (or that my husband has been in--ewww).  That said, if these ladies are foot flushing, do they then walk through the house with their shoes on?  I mean, gross enough without the extra toilet germs, but...you see my point.

I take my shoes off in my house.

OK, after reading all 10 pages (without a cup of coffee on this occasion which did not seem appropriate and even a little gross; lol) I had to ask … what type of toilet can you flush with your foot? Not a chance I can get my foot up to the flush button on the toilet’s in Aus.

But, when I got to Page 8, I see the pic with the side flush .. question answered
wink.png

Try flushing one of these with your foot! Lol [The flushers in Aus are nearly always on top of the cistern and unless gymnastically inclined, no chance of getting your foot up there and successfully hitting the button without straining or breaking something!]

However, I am still left with one question …. I am intrigued as to how you could see the woman in the stall next to you?

In Aus we have a cubicle with walls and a door, there is no seeing what anyone is doing with their foot or otherwise either deliberately or by accident
wink.png

To finish, I thought I was having a slow day at work yesterday but today must obviously be worse
lau.gif

This is so funny. I love those flush top toilets--haven't seen one since I spent time in Europe.

As to how you see the person in the stall next to you: We also have stall doors and walls, but there is a gap where the door is hinged, and you can also see underneath. Maybe the person noticed the other woman through the gap, or maybe saw one foot come off the floor at the same time as the toilet flushing? That would be my guess.

Back
Top Bottom