A question about feed

mhoward92

Songster
12 Years
Oct 5, 2007
well when im empting their brooder im finding TONS of loose crumbles mixed in with their bedding. im wasting so much food!!! my question is their feeder is running out very fast but i now know were it all really is. its in their bedding!!! should i let them eat some of it up before i fill their feeder back up? they seem to be searching for it down there and eating off the ground. Most people just say that you should keep their feeder full 24/7 but i see it as being TOTALLY WASTEFUL. What do you all think??

- reply and let me know

Mitch

THey don't eat it during the night while you're sleeping? I just switched my guys (>1 wk) to the long tray b/c the little bowl feeder I was giving them dissapeared and so did all their 'dropped food' way before evening.
Don't know if that helped at all LOL

I would always keep some feed in their feeder, but it is natural for them to want to scratch around for food, too. Just try to keep the poo to a minimum and add a bit of fresh litter as you remove the soiled litter. I don't have baby chicks, but my youngest pullet to my oldest (rooster) eat from the feeder, coop floor bedding, and pen ground! They are all healthy (at the moment!).
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom