A SAD STORY FOR ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO READ

mhoward92

Songster
12 Years
Oct 5, 2007
One of my good friends was telling me today that he had over 60 eggs due in about a week. he obviously was keeping them in an incubator that he made. There was a storm that night while they were asleep and the power went out. since they were in the basement it was a bit colder than the normal temp in the house. the incubator light and circulation fan went out and was said to be out for about 9 hours. He figured all of the eggs were gone but kept them under the heat anyway. but he ended up losing his batch that he had all prepared and labeled.

sad.png
thats sad, he needs to figure out an alternative power supply if he wants to try hatch out that many again - thats a very large loss.

yup everyone has to learn their lesson someway or another. I told him that when he told me about this. he is now setting up a new source of heat that is run off of batteries. I think he will use a "mini Heater" he has a ton of them we use for hunting and they put out the perfect temp for incubation. we obviously will have to make some fine tunings but i think it will be a sturdy back-up source.

Back
Top Bottom