a VERY BAD DAY!!

Wendyba29

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 3, 2008
Satellite Beach, Florida
My next door neighbor was raising some rhode island red chicks for them and she offered to raise a few brahmas and some EEs for me so I got 4 ees and 2 brahamas. Well they were doing great minus the one that the neighbors dog got a hold of. Yesterday my neighbor calls me at work to inform me that something got 7 of her rhodies and all but 1 of mine!! I have one EE left. It dragged them out from either through or under the fencing. No feathers no nothing left behind!! What kind of creature would be so greedy as to take 12 half grown chickens at one sitting and not leave a mark or anything!!?? I'm so sick about this!!

Thanks I cried myself to sleep last night because the day before I was going to go pick them up and bring them home and I didn't because, I didn't have the space quite right for them. I am kicking myself HARD for this one!!
he.gif
hit.gif

They were just gone no trace except about 5 feathers on the ground, and a small maybe 1 foot wide hole under the fence, No sign of tracks or anything, which is weird because of all the rain it's kinda muddy around the pen.

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
I'm so sorry for your loss, and for the disappointment you are feeling.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

About 3 years ago something got into my father in law's coop and took 16 full grown chickens, only a few feathers were left. Weof all feel it was a family foxes. This time of year the mother fox is teaching her pups how to hunt and stuff.

My neighbors husband is going to keep a very watchful eye on the rest, What gets me is they have a large dog that was outside at the time, He's kind of a chicken(pun not really intended)
tongue.png
But I wouldn't think something would be brave enough to grab them in broad daylight with a dog around!

Back
Top Bottom