Solved Ability to Ignore threads or forums

Other XenForo forums that I'm on give members the ability to customize their experience on the forum by choosing to ignore specific threads or specific forums that they are not interested in.
Thanks for the feedback and the suggestion!

If you don't want to allow us members to ignore unwanted threads/forums then would you at least help me understand why this is not allowed.
It's not so much that this feature "is not allowed", but that this functionality is not built-into the XenForo software.

We'll review the feedback and ideas in this thread and see if there's an opportunity / way to add this functionality.

It sounds like a useful feature. Honestly, I don't use the "new posts" button. I just go to the areas that are in my interests or where I feel I can offer reasonably sound advice. Where my interests and not knowing good answers collide, I'll use the "watch" button without commenting.

I am sure that is at least in part why I don't use it.
The exact point. It would be a good way to see what new posts/threads are, but not if it's filled up with the same ones all the time, especially ones that aren't your cup of tea.

A lot of people probably don't use it for that very reason.

The exact point. It would be a good way to see what new posts/threads are, but not if it's filled up with the same ones all the time, especially ones that aren't your cup of tea.

A lot of people probably don't use it for that very reason.
I get it. I just don't think I would use it as you never know what will pop up. I don't even collapse the sections I'm not using/interested (lack of better term).

I originally sent an email to support using the contact link at the bottom of the page, I got a reply back asking that I post it here instead.

Other XenForo forums that I'm on give members the ability to customize their experience on the forum by choosing to ignore specific threads or specific forums that they are not interested in.

See example screen caps:
View attachment 3743170

View attachment 3743174

On backyardchickens.com there are a few very busy, very long, and very old conversation threads, no offense to anybody intended, that keep the new posts pages clogged up with posts that I'm usually not interested in reading. Every time I go to one of these and hit mark read it shows back up within a few minutes because they are so active.

Please enable the ignore threads and ignore forums feature. It would be nice to be able to click on "New Posts" and just see the new posts in the forums that I'm actually interested in reading.

If you don't want to allow us members to ignore unwanted threads/forums then would you at least help me understand why this is not allowed.

Thanks,
Major
Select to WATCH the forums you like.
Example:
Screenshot_20240208-190517.png

Next when you are viewing the new post page select this:
Screenshot_20240208-190324.png

Just make sure you don't select Random Ramblings and it won't show up on your filtered new post list. Problem Solved.

Last edited:
This would be a nice feature to have. Typically it seems like half of the new posts section is ancient conversations between small groups of friends. The people are nice but the conversations aren't something I'm interested in. There would be far less clutter with a thread ignore option
Right now, on the first page of the new post list, there are 50 threads.
Less than one quarter are from the random rambling section.
Screenshot_20240208-190157.png

Back
Top Bottom