Solved Ability to Ignore threads or forums

Please enable the ignore threads and ignore forums feature. It would be nice to be able to click on "New Posts" and just see the new posts in the forums that I'm actually interested in reading.
There is a "watch forums" feature, but I don't think it can be used in quite the way you want (based on a few minutes spent clicking options and looking at the results.)

Yes, I know how to Unwatch a Watched thread. That is not what this post is about. I've been using discussion forums for over 20 years. Maybe even longer, I can't actually remember the first forum that I joined.

Thank you both for the time to post to try to help. I actually know how to navigate these forums to get to the posts that I want to read. My purpose for posting this thread was to try to get a feature turned on that is available that would make using the forum easier and more enjoyable for me.
I know exactly what you mean and think that would be a useful feature.

There is a "watch forums" feature, but I don't think it can be used in quite the way you want (based on a few minutes spent clicking options and looking at the results.)

Right, for instance, in one of my other forums I have the "Debate Forum" ignored because I really don't want to know the political, religious, or philosophical views of the people that I've been chatting and interacting with for years.

Screenshot 2024-02-08 093527.png

Right, for instance, in one of my other forums I have the "Debate Forum" ignored because I really don't want to know the political, religious, or philosophical views of the people that I've been chatting and interacting with for years.

View attachment 3743369
Basically if I understand you right, this feature would unclutter the ‘new posts’ by omitting all the things you k ow you aren’t interested in (some of which are high volume so create a lot of clutter).

Basically if I understand you right, this feature would unclutter the ‘new posts’ by omitting all the things you k ow you aren’t interested in (some of which are high volume so create a lot of clutter).

Yes, exactly that!

For instance if I ignored the social forums such as "Random Ramblings" and then ignored the "Other Backyard Poultry" forums then my 'new posts' feed would only show the actual new posts in the actual chicken forums that I'm interested in.

And me being able to do this would not affect the way anybody else uses or enjoys the site.

Yes, exactly that!

For instance if I ignored the social forums such as "Random Ramblings" and then ignored the "Other Backyard Poultry" forums then my 'new posts' feed would only show the actual new posts in the actual chicken forums that I'm interested in.

And me being able to do this would not affect the way anybody else uses or enjoys the site.
I think it is a good idea.
Sleep tight.

Back
Top Bottom